Harness

Hi guys, Loki is now 6months old I got a ezydog harness for him 4 weeks ago and it snapped but before it snapped I was talking to another husky owner who says someone told him not to put harness on them when they are young. I am wondering if this is true before I buy another. Just when loki pulls he is choking himself he is good on lead its just when he is excited or when the kids are walking with us.

Skyla is 6 months and she has bin wearing a harness since b4 we got her - we got her at 14 weeks and she was given 2 us with a harness on - how did the ezydog snap? and ive had blazes for over a year now with no problems - i would get in touch with them incase it was a manufacturing fault

when blaze pulls in his harness he sounds like hes choking himself too - silly boys lol

Skyla is 6 months and she has bin wearing a harness since b4 we got her - we got her at 14 weeks and she was given 2 us with a harness on - how did the ezydog snap? and ive had blazes for over a year now with no problems - i would get in touch with them incase it was a manufacturing fault

when blaze pulls in his harness he sounds like hes choking himself too - silly boys lol

Not sure I think he has been nibbling it then last week i took him for a walk and we were running over wee grassy hills when it snapped at one end . Thank god it was still on at one end so i then attached it to his collar but I miss him in his harness.

oops naughty boy chewing his harness - if u dont wanna keep replacing harnesses try a lupine harness - they have a lifetime garuntee that if they r chewed they will replace them free of charge all you have 2 do is send them the chewed harness back (so not totally free but ALOT cheaper)

http://www.collarways.co.uk/pages/lupine-harnesses-for-dogs/4014

I think where people have suggested NOT using a harness at a young age it's more down the fact of teaching lead manners and teaching them not to pull, having said that i've had my boys on harnesses from their first walk, however i do use a collar as well sometimes :)

Hi guys

I find walking with a harness much easier. The pull is different and bearable.

Suki is too strong to walk on coller,my back was breaking. She was definatly on harness by 6 months. I wouldnt want to stop her pulling, thats her nature. but making it bearable for me to walk is a must..

Em Xx

• 2 weeks later...

I guess it really depends what your preference is! Since Rex was a pup he could slip out of anything, any collar, harness or halti. we had to purchase an escape artist harness so he couldn't slip out of it, and he actually never did manage too. It was a great product for dogs who slip out of collars and harnesses, purchased from ultrapaws.com

Now we found a good martingale collar(one of those ones with collar material and a bit of chain) and he hasn't slipped that yet.

I have however have been told many times that a harness encourages a dog to pull. So perhaps you should consider something more like a collar or halti if you are having problems with him pulling while around the children. You should also consider something more durable. If my dog collar broke, I would have a heart attack:blink: