iphone upgrade warning

davidjk

so iphone have released an upgrade for 3g 3gs and iphone 4 called iOS4 basically version 4 of their phone software

if you have a 3g i would not upgrade, i have a 3g and i upgraded, and it is so slow now, i searched the internet, and lots of other people are complaining about how slow their 3g is since the upgrade, and at the moment unless you have an apple mac it is a permenant upgrade, hopefully someone will release a fix enabling a downgrade.

before you upgrade look on the internet and the apple forums to see.

there are a few obvious new features, but it is not worth it, plus my iphone is now unjailbroken :(

jailbreaking nowadays is simple, you dl spirit plug apple device in, open app click jailbreak done. I remember when you had to dl 2 programs, put apple device into dfu mode etc lol.. and the new jb for 4.0 will be out soon

its not the jailbreaking i mind about, its the speed the phone runs at now.

it is slow, also when you type there is a delay until it appears on screen, very confusing.

also the battery life is worse, apparently wifi is constantly active on the new ios4.

guess i need to talk to a friend with an apple mac, because aparently you can downgrade it on them

its not the jailbreaking i mind about, its the speed the phone runs at now.

it is slow, also when you type there is a delay until it appears on screen, very confusing.

also the battery life is worse, apparently wifi is constantly active on the new ios4.

guess i need to talk to a friend with an apple mac, because aparently you can downgrade it on them

i think you can downgrade on PC or MAC, you just need to download 3.1.3 software

jailbreaking nowadays is simple, you dl spirit plug apple device in, open app click jailbreak done. I remember when you had to dl 2 programs, put apple device into dfu mode etc lol.. and the new jb for 4.0 will be out soon

Huh ? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif Oi, you young uns speak a different language smile.gif

I've got an un-jailbroken 3gs still running the last OS version so far (never seen a need to jailbreak it, quite happy with it as it is). Has anyone done the upgrade to iOS 4 on a 3gs? Need to check out it won't screw up my phone before I will. Planning to upgrade to Iphone 4 in the autumn, which I guess will come running latest software anyway. Definately don't want constant wifi running though. Along with Bluetooth, does kill your battery quicker if it's always on and constantly searching.