Richard

laura_3173

Hey Richard i was just wondering how the none smoking is going! And wondered if you have any tips as Antony is giving up as of 1st March! He has sent off for help from the NHS smokefree thing but we haven't heard anything yet! If anybody else has any advice too please feel free to post the more advice the better! I really really want him to give up as it is upsetting his son because he sees these adverts on tv and gets upset and tells his dad he is going to die so i really want it to work this time!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Laura... why wait .. go to doctors and tell him that wanna go on Champix.. drs are highly reccomending them..

having been a smoker for 30 years and tried patches and the inhaler. with out much luck... these pills have proved to be very good .. have had a problem with mouth ulcers on them but thats a small price to pay... i have admittedly had the very occasional smoke.. prob about one a week.. its a 12 week course.. on perscription

its worth putting in search engine as there is one or 2 poss side effects that are worth looking at.. ie : in my case mouth ulcers.. .... like any drug if you are prone to something then it could make it worse...

the main thing i found is that the cravings were so much easier to deal with..... still needs a bit of will power of which i have very little lol so these are good

if u want any more info plz mail me...

oh right thanks for the advice. He tried giving up last year and the dr gave him Zyban but they didn't work at all and in the end he was hallucinating so he had to stop taking them! I will get him to go the docs and ask if Champix is any different to Zyban i don't want to have to go through what we went through last time it was like he was on drugs running away from things that weren't there ducking from invisible planes and birds omg it was terrible!

If he's going to stop i'd get him to do it sooner rather than later, that way he can't have it looming over him as much??

I think support from your other half is very important when giving up, Marc was horrible when he was giving up smoking and i had to bite my tongue quite a few times!!

Richard - Well done for getting this far, keep it up!!

xx

Definitely try the pill. Jan. 31 was my two year anniversary of quitting. Side-effects for me were difficulty sleeping and some weird dreams. I was a smoker for 25 years.

Oddly enough, even though my husband still smokes, his smoking didn't bother me while I was quitting. I'm a huge advocate for these pills (in the US, they're called Chantix).

Definitely try the pill. Jan. 31 was my two year anniversary of quitting. Side-effects for me were difficulty sleeping and some weird dreams. I was a smoker for 25 years.

Oddly enough, even though my husband still smokes, his smoking didn't bother me while I was quitting. I'm a huge advocate for these pills (in the US, they're called Chantix).

oh yeh thanx Austin ville i forgot about that .... some very weird dreams i have had.. fun though lol

Do you mean 10th commandment? if so it is

Thou shalt not covet

so you are desiring to go back to being the cowboy from the village people?

rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh i wish i'd have known this i would have taken the micky so badly today!!! lol lol lol