What is the Zero Bloodline?

this is a quote from BSHRA rule book

Only dogs which are one of the purebred sled dog breeds and are registered with

the Kennel Club are eligible for entry (including welfare dogs at the discretion of

the Race Organiser but excluding those known to be of Zero bloodlines – see

note under Classification).

i would guess that if you have been given permission to run then the info you have provided is proof that no zero exists in the pedigree, i would also guess that you are not eligible for championship points.

reece

this is not a quote from the BSHRA rule book !! or any other rule book.. i can assure you of that..

i have not quoted anything except my own words..

its what i had to do...!!!

only information i gave them was .. dogs name / age / my name / my address / contact details / and 2 photo's and that was about it.. i had in no way had to show proof there was no Zero line in her.. and i beleive Sid .. from this forum was at the same meet as me having one of hers assesed to be eligible to run.. and she would have had to have shown the same as me..

so whichever rule book your reading i dunno .. but they are clever to have copied my words before it happened...

and yes they are not eligible for championship points... but unlike some people that are there for points, win , status or whatever..and have the gotta win attitude.

i am there for one reason and one reason only..

FUN !!!

for me and my girls... i dont care if im first, or last just so long as my girls and me enjoyed it..

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi richard, i assure you that what i put on earlier is a quote from the BSHRA rule book.

go to the husy racing website

go to download page

download entry form

check section 13, general part 1,entry rules A eligability.

then goto 1 e and then tell me i have not quoted bshra race rules.

also as you clearly dont know my views on championship racing then your later points are irrelevant. the reason i made my comment about them was so that others understood.

i will be glad to hear your apology as your statement suggests that i have made the quote up

reece

Actually Reece's quote is from the BSHRA rule book. It is regarding what the eligibility should be of registered dogs!

Rules regarding dogs that have passed through welfare:- Typed word for word.

If there is clear evidence of prior KC registration such dogs will be eligible to compete at BSHRA races - both Championship and Non Championship.

For those that may not have that evidence, on application from the owner to the BSHRA organisers, eligibility to compete will be considered on a case by case basis. Where a welfare dog has been accepted as suitable to race, a BSHRA welfare number will be issued and will require a photograph and microchip number (if available). These dogs are not eligible to compete in the championship - but are very welcome to compete in non championship or in courtesy teams. Any dogs which have already been given permission to race may continue to run in the championship (ie up to and including any dog granted permission prior to September 2010).

@nush the very fact that you had qouted my post and underneath had stated it was a qoute from the rule book i read it as you were stating that what i had said was a qoute from the rule book..as for your comment about me correcting my post ..well sometimes there is more important things in life than actually coming on here..so havn't been able to do it or seen any further comments from my post to be able to realise that i read your post wrong your post made it look like you were saying i had quoted the rule book and you could have put it in a different fashion. in the same way that now looking back i have done the same as you .. and my post looks like i am saying you are wrong and what you had put is not from the rule book.....that is not what my intention was ..

as for your need to make your last post..and the comment about glad to hear my apology.. WTF !! ... maybe you should practice what you preach co's i think you made same mistakes as me...

@Sarah wheres the arguement.. i was just pointing out that others have made the same mistake as me and misread posts that were made... won't be an argument co's as far as i am concerned i have replied to what has been said. so any argument that continues won't be involving me ..

co's im a grown up :doglaugh:and an:angel:.....

if there was a smiley blowing a rasberry it would be sent at you..just to show how grown up i can be ..:rofl:

ha ha, i can see how you could read it that way, not sure why you would read it that way though. me quoting your post was to show that i was replying to your post, i think we are both adult enough to not argue further, the only problem i had was that your post made it look like i was lying but i see that that wasnt your intention lol

reece

ps as this is no longer an issue would you introduce your self at the first meet so that forum faces can be put with names

reece

@nush i can understand what your saying Reeece and how it looked that way.. and :lolman: i didn't see it as an arguement more a debate and misunderstanding on i think both our parts, shhhh don't tell anyone but i think it was the redhead @sarah that thought we were arguing.. typical redhead & female always spoiling for a fight ..:lolman:

as for adult enough... hmm think there is a few people that know me on here that might say ...." Richard ".... "Adult" ....:doglaugh: yeh them words don't go together..

ps as this is no longer an issue would you introduce your self at the first meet so that forum faces can be put with names

reece

Issue what Issue... !! done dusted.. sorted.. will see you at meets.. allthough i think you might spot me first with my van :lolman:

Well thanks-I was wondering what this "zero bloodline" was all about! I don't care if our pup is (99.9% sure he is not) of that or not, just curious what his bloodline is, we love him so much, we'd like to know all about him and where he started~besides the obvious:p

• 9 years later...
On 6/13/2010 at 5:34 PM, Rosemary said:

Great post Dave

The reason that the BSHRA will disqualify dogs from this line, is because they believe a dog within a certain number of generations will be genetically predisposed to be better at speed running than a dog that does not have the Zero Bloodline in its pedigree.

Found this passage strange though - I would have thought that their speed would be a benefit?

Not a benefit when your racing against the zero teams.. Bshra dont use zeros