Luna's SA training

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our rescue Obe came with a DAP collar and it seemed to help him relax into his new surroundings a lot quicker that I would normally expect. He is naturally relaxed and chilled out anyway but I think the DAP collar helped

Fingers crossed for our loopy Luna then! I've red testimonials that say it takes about 10-14 days to really kick in properly but I'm happy with any improvement!

all paws x'ed here for you both Chloe.........and that includes my x-tra four ive aquired,lol,

S/A is no fun for either the dog or the owner,its a very stressful and sometimes upsetting time,but,when you come out the other end

you will really start enjoying your life together.

we'll have to run a comp for ''the dog with most improved behaviour''.......me thinx Luna would be in for a win!:cup:

keep smiling hun,i know its hard,but you will get there!:D

• 2 weeks later...

We left Luna for 3 hours today & despite pulling her crate cover through the bars & in to her crate she seemed fine & didn't bark when we left or when we were coming back. Yes, she was very excited to see us but we remained calm & praised her only when she wasn't jumping up.

Anyone got any tips for water bowls in crates? We've tried a bottle feeder but I don't think it gives her enough that easily. I was thinking about getting one of those anti spill bowls & using double sided sticky tabs to stop her from picking it up or moving it around her crate. Is there any reason why that wouldn't work?

Xx

there's a few on amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=dog+crate+bowls&tag=googhydr-21&index=aps&hvadid=13625976708&ref=pd_sl_7w5jnlepuz_b)

or here (http://www.fun4petsuk.com/index.php?cPath=24_47_159&osCsid=hfqmbjf6oruoufmtp6k6c24u55) if it helps

just typed in clip on dog bowl on google - none of them seem to bad on price :D

hows the new job going?

absolutely brilliant

way to go girlies:clap:

i've loved reading this thread and catching up with you two,i think you have done a fab job Chloe and seems like Luna is finally realising

mummy does come back!!

well done,hope it keeps up

but please dont be dis-heartened if she goes back over too...it happens sometimes.

glad you are enjoying your new job too:D

oh and thank you for asking after Kinzi........thats really sweet of you xx

you have it easy now just let "BO" train her for you. leave her with camera & i bet she will sit quite After biting the ears off him first. When BO has enough she will put her paw on the pups head. putting the pup to the floor. & if the pup keeps it up Bo Will sit on her to calm her down.

@Millie Bo, is my parents dog, I think you might've misread one of my posts. I can't use her to help Luna because she's going a bit senile in her old age.

Luna has survived her first full day at home (with a break at lunchtime) unfortunately her crate liner didn't make it!! She's torn the stuffing out of the padded edge!! I think it might be because our new telly didn't seem to stay on so she was sat in silence. Stupid tv must have a sleep mode or something when you set it on the radio!!

My new waking hour is now 6am....got to try & knacker her out enough to sleep until lunch then the dog walker will tire her out enough to get to 5:30!!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: well we thought Luna was going backwards this week but my OH spotted that Luna's DAP diffuser is completely out...so £26.99 later and we're back in business! Bluddy thing lasted less than 3 weeks! We've also taken the decision to put a few drops of rescue remedy in Lunas water bowl. I have double checked and it is totally safe for dogs, even recommended on their website.

Hopefully those together will help Luna chillax a bit more

• 2 weeks later...

Luna's had her re-homing check & the lady from the rescue center was thrilled at how settled she is already! She agrees that she'll only get better with time as far as the SA goes and she was amazed at how much she's learnt already!

Our girl is happy, healthy & in her forever home.....and despite the struggles I love being a mummy to my furbaby!

: )