Man seeking help for stray dog arrested for DUI

http://www.komonews.com/news/offbeat/95230874.html

It's probably because there was a dog involved, animal lover I am, but I think that they could've been a little less aggressive about his punishment given the fact he was trying to do a good deed. Though on the other side of that I've never had someone close to me involved in an accident of that kind either so I can't help but feel a little biased I guess. Curious to see what you all think ^_^

Can't fault the police. If they guy's alcohol number was that high, he should not have been driving, dog or no dog. Just glad the police took the dog to a shelter.

mmm thats a very tricky one, as Sarah said he could have just still bin drunk from the night before (Im sure that happens to every drinker at SOME point) Perhaps they could have just given him a stern warning and the number for a taxi firm maybe impounded his car if they were worried he'd drive home? Well the dog made it to a shelter and has hopefully been rehomed now so thats what counts really! :)

I think at 10am, busy time of the morning, he put a lot of road users at risk. Would have been wiser to phone someone to collect the dog.

Definitely ... unless he wasn't aware he was over the limit? make you think now though - how many times have i had a few drinks and then gone to work the next morning - how do i know if it's out of my system,? Luckily for me i very rarely drink and I can't remember the last time i drank on a "school night" but i'm sure a lot of people who drink a lot do this quite often without realising