Twinkie the Frog Hunter

ericrdj

Ok guys here is the bit:

Everytime we have small bursts of rain(about 30 minutes every 3 weeks), Our abandoned pool gets at least 5 inches of water. Frogs always go to our abandoned pool because I think they want to have pool parties when there's water in there.

When Twinkie came in my house and learned how to go down the pool, she'll always. and I mean ALWAYS, hunt down frogs especially Bull Frogs. She'll run to the water and then sniff the frogs out. I usually catch her tracking them down and end up taking her inside the house because I'm really scared of her getting frog poisoned.

One time I was out just watching Twinkie run around in the pool, I saw a leaping bull frog.

and whoa...

She caught the frog mid air. :blink:

not once but twice. Then she ran around again with the Bull Frog inside her mouth just as if she was saying:

"Ohh hell yeah I caught a flying frog!"

Jeez if ever I just had my camera on me during those times. :D

yikes lol we don't get frogs in our back garden much thank goodness smile.gif but every so often they find one and play with it - luckily they've not taken to picking it up in their mouths yet, the tend to bark at it and stamp their paws on the ground to get it to jump - but when the frog jumps -so do my two LOL

hey you really need to be careful about poisoning

here is some thing i found

The sooner poisoning is treated,the better the odds of saving your pet.Since pets can't say where it hurts or what they ate,you need to know what to watch for-and then call your vet immediately.Warning signs include:

*Changes in behavior.Your pet may shiver or become anxious.She may lurch or stagger,have seizures or lose consciousness.In some cases she may drool excessively and paw at her mouth.

*Bleeding.Products used to control mice or other rodents often contain warfarian,a chemical that can cause bleeding from any body opening.

*Breathing problems,like panting or gasping.If your pet has been exposed to carbon monoxide,her lips and gums will turn bright red.

You should immediately call an emergency vet right now if any of these symptoms are showing.If the emergency vet says its poisoning,call the poison control immediately!

hope this helps

no one wants to see their pup hurt

hey you really need to be careful about poisoning

here is some thing i found

The sooner poisoning is treated,the better the odds of saving your pet.Since pets can't say where it hurts or what they ate,you need to know what to watch for-and then call your vet immediately.Warning signs include:

*Changes in behavior.Your pet may shiver or become anxious.She may lurch or stagger,have seizures or lose consciousness.In some cases she may drool excessively and paw at her mouth.

*Bleeding.Products used to control mice or other rodents often contain warfarian,a chemical that can cause bleeding from any body opening.

*Breathing problems,like panting or gasping.If your pet has been exposed to carbon monoxide,her lips and gums will turn bright red.

You should immediately call an emergency vet right now if any of these symptoms are showing.If the emergency vet says its poisoning,call the poison control immediately!

hope this helps

no one wants to see their pup hurt

heya! Thanks for the concern. :) I remove Twinkie from the pool when I see her. and I usualy check the frogs that she played with right after I see her. Thankfully none of them were poisonous >.<

Read my mind on poisoning ;). MOST frogs secrete a toxin from their skin (Including native UK ones and the cane toad, very common in the U.S). Defence to stop the being eaten, and of corse, not all have vivid colours to warn would-be predetors. At best your dog will get diarrhoea, at worst, syptoms can be fatal. We have first-hand experience of toxicity: One of ours had a severe allergic reaction after messing about with a native UK toad. Was very unwell indeed :o

Read my mind on poisoning ;). MOST frogs secrete a toxin from their skin (Including native UK ones and the cane toad, very common in the U.S). Defence to stop the being eaten, and of corse, not all have vivid colours to warn would-be predetors. At best your dog will get diarrhoea, at worst, syptoms can be fatal. We have first-hand experience of toxicity: One of ours had a severe allergic reaction after messing about with a native UK toad. Was very unwell indeed :o

That looks pretty bad @_@ I'm lucky so far that Twinkie didn't get any toxins from the Frogs that were havin party in the pool @_@