Recall Tips

Sarah

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was able to call Maddie off a rabbit three days ago. We were in a naturally safe area (rim rocked in a desert canyon). She and Mugs chased a jack rabbit (it was kind of cute to see her hopping after it over sage brush), I whistled, clicked and she ran back after about a minute. Granted she is only four months old, I have started her young in an off leash situation. She does always want to be with Mugs as well and I think he is teaching her to respond to our whistle. I am also reinforcing everything with clicker and dehydrated salmon treats. We don't have leash laws here. If she hesitates to come, I quietly walk over to her and leash her, then click her for healing. It is interesting to see her expression if she thinks that she thought of it. The clicker conditioning so far is working really well. Hopefully, she will maintain this as she matures.

• 1 year later...

with Ziva we started wit a long rope with lots oof little knots and if she dosent come back we step on it, its funny the first time she faceplanted and was like ''What the?'' then she was around our area for awhile and would recall and she was there we would change directions and if she didnt come stepped on the rope and corrected her gave her a treat when she did come to us. Again she is almost 3 months old and we wanted to work on this problem early.works great for her