Another Running Thread

ok so last night i decided that i was going to start running/jogging with Blaze - as Bings is too old and Skyla is too young and i THINK Blaze could do with the extra exercise - hes got ALOT of energy so i think this is the best way to burn it off - a few questions tho - when hes FINALLY running at a steady pace that i can quite happily keep up with lol - is there a certain word/command i should use or is it ok to use any i feel like?? also ive been running with him wearing his ezydog harness - is this ok or do i need to get him a different harness - he will be being ran with twice a day for roughly 20 mins - is this ok? hes 19 months old now - i know you shouldnt overrun with pups but its our first time running so will twice a day for 20 mins be ok - or should i build it up slowly? - he wasnt very tired after our run this morning he still pulled abit after

thanks in advance guys :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I run w/Dakota using his EzyDog, and he seems fine with it. Like Linda says, it's not like they're running flat out (well, maybe for the first 50 yards or so!). wink.gif I am certainly no expert, but it works for us.

The angle of my 5' lead from my waistbelt to his harness is a lot higher than if he were pulling a bike or scooter on a longer line (then I'd go with xback or something similar).

its just im more worried that hes so fast hes gonna damage me ive had him round my waist on walks and if hes seen a cat or summin he nearly slices me in 2 - but when hes in my hand i can redirect him - im only running around this bit ov grass just over a hill atm till we both get used 2 it before im running properly

cant afford a belt for another week

when my boys are going at the pace I want them to i normally just say good boys and let them know what they're doing is correct, having said that i run them on the scooter - fook that "normal" running lol black eye's spring to mind - Literally laugh.gif

good luck with it - one way to keep fit :D

ok so i ran again with him this morning - god im REALLY beginning 2 feel it lol - i kept his lead in my hand untill he had calmed down abit and wasnt going as fast then i tied him around my waist he was EXCELLENT we ran over the hill near my house and ran around there for abit then i got bored n decided 2 run half ov the walk we normally do - he was excellent till we got 2 the spot where he saw the cat on his walk - but i gave a gentle tug on the lead and gave him the on by command n he followed :D - he didnt even blink when we saw a dog he had a look over but carried on running :D - i got home and nearly collapsed haha :D

Well done to you both, keep it up nix xxxx

i will tho my legs are in agony lol

Excellent! Just make sure you have a quick-release of some sort at the waist connection, "just in case!" smile.gif

hmm i havent ive just got his double lead clipped round my waist - but and i know its stupid if i fell over id rather he dragged me along rather than him running away lol

This screams for a parody of this to be made with her running with Blaze and someone yelling slowly in a Forrest Gump fashion, 'ruuuuuuunnnnnn Nixy, runnnnnnnnnnnnn"

lol im tryin 2 persuade carianne (byebyekitty) to come with me and take sum vids and pics lol - maybe she will yell it for u :P lmao