A dogs warning methods

kimba's very rarely come up, but when they do - even if playing i KNOW something is going to happen and remove him immediately.

Kaiser's on the other hand are up and down all the bloody time lol they are definitely more of an excitement kinda thing for him although i think it's important to read the body language as well as the heckles - with kaiser his heckles go up all the time when he meets new dogs, but i can tell by his body language and the way he moves when / if there's going to be a problem....

I get told off by marc a lot - he always walks kaiser and i take kimba when we go out together and if another dog walks past i keep my eye on kaiser more so than kimba - as soon as i see the change i tell marc to reel him in, marc always says he's fine blah blah he's only sniffing, but then he will lunge - men rolleyes.gif he will listen to me one day lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is the norm for most dogs.

however what if your dogs barks at people like he wants to eat them? but he just wants to go play and be pet?

Tigh will growl and bark at strangers but when he gets to them he lays on his back, jumps around and just plays but at the same time he sounds like he wants to eat the stranger.

when im at home i dont stop him from doing so when someone news comes over. but when i walk him and there are kids playing in a yard i have to pull him away because to the kids all they see is a giant dog barking running there direction.

Tigh is in no way a violent beast. he has only shown his teeth two times.

the guy loves every thing and one. He is biggest cuddle monster. why the crazy barking&growling?

is this normal or is it my fault?

(Tigh is a Husky @ 1year 5months old )