New Puppy Help

Hey everyone, so I want to get a husky, and I found someone with puppies down the road from me, they look so cute but dont seem to remind me of the classic black and white fluffy husky puppies, so if anyone here can look at the picture of the puppies and let me know how they look and how their coats will turn out? I really dont want to just jump into buying a puppy thats not 100% the one I want :)

post-1509-13585950580673_thumb.jpg

post-1509-1358595058602_thumb.jpg

post-1509-13585950591073_thumb.jpg

you can get huskies in all sorts of colours with all sorts of markings, just because one isn't black and white with blue eye's, doesn't make it any less of a husky :)

With the question as to how their coats will turn out, this was my boy Kimba at 8 weeks

06062008168_.jpg

And this was taken yesterday with a member form this forum - notice how his markings have become more prominent and how he has gone darker

gallery_3_6_347983.jpg

Thanks Sarah and Kimba's beautiful, wow, from what i notice is he has more of a thicker coat than the 3 i can choose from, the last attachment is the one i like the most hes got blue eyes and dark, and like Kimba hopefully will get darker, but i just dont want him to have a short hair coat :(

Hi

Huskies coats and markings can change quiet a few times over their life, Buck my first husky changed quiet a lot, this I can see from pics taken over his life.

Anyway huskies come in all sorts of colours and mask shape, do not just pick a dog because of how it looks alone.

Buck was the last one left out of a litter of 6, no one wanted because he was the runt. He went on to become one of if not the best looking husky I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot. Plus he went on to live for over 18 1/2 years with out ever being really ill. He was from real show dog pedigree, his family won best of breed at least twice at crufts b efore he was born.

I will post some pics of him on this site.

Blaze at 6 weeks

n554655083_4978297_9085.jpg

Blaze at 4 months (see how hes got lighter and hes also lost the rings under his eyes)

CIMG0284.jpg

then now - hes darker again and the bit ov grey fur down his nose isnt as long or dark as in the above pic

DSC00774.jpg

and this is Skyla - our newest sibe pup at 4 months old (dont have any puppy pics - but check out the difference in Blazes fur at 4 months and hers - shes ALOT fluffier than he was)

DSC00610.jpg

thanks for all the help, i been doing so much research on this and as meesh said you cant choose a dog on its colouring only, but as said its also 15 years that im committing to a husky and my dream is to have a black and white with blue eyes husky, but i just would like you guys to look at these puppies i attached and let me know how they looking and if they pretty standard looking? please :)

thanks for all the help, i been doing so much research on this and as meesh said you cant choose a dog on its colouring only, but as said its also 15 years that im committing to a husky and my dream is to have a black and white with blue eyes husky, but i just would like you guys to look at these puppies i attached and let me know how they looking and if they pretty standard looking? please smile.gif

Well those pups look fairly standard to me, puppy coats are usually thinner when little as they havnt got a full outer coat yet but since you live in a hot climate any pup you get will most likly keep a thinner coat anyway as they adapt to the climate they live in.

As for picking the exact coat colour etc you are dreaming of, its my finding that your best off not getting any fixed ideas as even if you have you might not get exactly what you set out to but you'll love the pup all the same anyway... its like having a baby, you might want a specific sex but what you get is down to fate and you love it with all your heart from the moment you pick it up no matter what sex, colour etc! biggrin.gif

Well those pups look fairly standard to me, puppy coats are usually thinner when little as they havnt got a full outer coat yet but since you live in a hot climate any pup you get will most likly keep a thinner coat anyway as they adapt to the climate they live in.

As for picking the exact coat colour etc you are dreaming of, its my finding that your best off not getting any fixed ideas as even if you have you might not get exactly what you set out to but you'll love the pup all the same anyway... its like having a baby, you might want a specific sex but what you get is down to fate and you love it with all your heart from the moment you pick it up no matter what sex, colour etc! biggrin.gif

i agree sarah we oringally wanted a grey n white sibe with blue eyes - we got blaze - who is more ov a black-grey not a light grey - with 1 blue eye 1 brown

and before we got skyla we wanted another grey sibe like blaze - and we wanted another boy - n we ended up with a pure white female sibe :) wouldnt change them for the world :wub:

What a sweetie pie he is. How could you pass him up? Well, you didn't pass him up. Congratulations. He's beautiful.