hello everyone!

HI! I got the link to this site from a group on facebook called "I love my Siberian Husky."

We got our first husk years ago when we lived in South Carolina. My hub had always wanted one so I bought him one. Her name was Tara and she was gorgeous. She lived to about 14 years old and we finally had to say good bye to her in December of 2004. We had her, Dudley, and Wally, a collie/chow mix. We lost Wallie in June of 2004. Wallie and Tara were best friends and when Tara lost her best friend she just deteriorated.

Mike (my hub) and I were not planning to get another dog as we still had Dudley, our black lab. Dud had always been the "third" dog and we decided to let him have full attention.

Well, he wouldn't go for that. He had lived his whole life with other dogs and he grieved terribly. For Tara's last 6 months he was her eyes and ears as she had gone blind and deaf. He literally guided her around the back yard and the house. After he lost Tara, he laid down and just wouldn't get up.

So.............we decided to get Dudley a puppy. We got Sophie Jane in January of 2005. She was born Dec 20, 2004. She brought Dudley back to life! He was a puppy again! (And he was 9 years old!) Sophie gave him a run for his money for sure! lol!

In May of 2005, a little rat terrier basically moved himself into our home. He adopted us! We named him Clyde. Sophie was 5 months old now and she and Clyde became BESTEST FRIENDS!!!

We seem to do well with 3 dogs!

Well, sad to say..............we lost Dudley in October 2009. Once again we were devastated. Sophie and Clyde are MY babies. Dudley was Mike's.......... You know how it is.......they love you both but are totally attached and 'belong' to one.

This left Mike without his "own" dog.

So.....................in I went in search of a dog for Mike. We weren't really ready to do the whole "puppy" thing again. Sophie was adorable but a LOT of work! Well, I found Wallie, a Siberian husk at a rescue group. He was guessed to be around one year old. We went to visit him and went thru the adoption process and brought him home on Dec. 22, 2009.

We went thru a rough couple of weeks where we just weren't sure if it was going to work or not, but we stuck with it and now Wallie is the most adorable, goofiest, best thing we could have done for our family!

He loves Sophie, he and Clyde (the rat terrier) have a ball together, and he is TOTALLY enamoured with our cat, Jesse. Jesse is about 15 years old and has always been brave with dogs. She plays right along with them. Wallie loves her!

I will NEVER not have a husky. They are gorgeous, friendly, sweet, playful, exasperating, frustrating, and so very lovable. I am HOOKED!!!

Hi everyone!

(sorry for the novel)

I will post pics of Sophie and Wallie when I get a chance. :)

wow - great intro :up: really sorry to hear about your loss though :( so sad :(

On happy note - Wallie sounds FAB!! :D can't wait to see some pics and look forward to seeing you around the site - feel free to jump straight in and join in with anything and everything :)