Maggie's Choice

Mazz

A friend of mine, Maggie, recently came to the end of her short life. She was only 12 years old when she passed away, but oh so mature. Thought I'd post a link to her story, in our local paper. This is the first in a five part series that will be running this week. Sort of makes you realize what's important in life, and what's not so important. She was such an inspiration to those who met and knew her, and an inspiration to so many who did not have the opportunity to meet her, but knew her through the blogs that her mom wrote.

Maggie had so many medical issues. Each of which was serious all by itself. How this little girl could face these diseases each day, and yet remain so positive is truly an inspiration. She was a tough cookie, a huge hockey fan, and so the terms Hockey Tough and Team Maggie often appeared in the blogs her mom wrote.

I met Maggie at work. The employees where I work have monies deducted from their paychecks, which go into a special fund to help those in need. A request came in for Maggie. She needed a special wheel chair that had a fairly hefty price tag. Her parent's insurance would not pay for the wheel chair and a friend of theirs that knew about the special fund we had, made the request. Well, we authorized the payment for the wheel chair (which was several thousand dollars), and within a few weeks, Maggie has her much-needed wheel chair. Maggie came to our place of employment to thank all of us, and that's how I was fortunate enough to first meet this special little girl named Maggie.

Please take the time to click on the link and read Maggie's Choice.

http://qctimes.com/flash_9c01717a-3f79-11df-bbbb-001cc4c03286.html