Hiring the best petsitter.

I have noticed that there are a few questions about petsitters and especially questions that relate to huskies and

petsitters.

A few months ago i was worried about hiring the right sitter too. I was calling and emailing, and honestly getting a

bit annoyed with alot of petsitters who run businesses locally. They wanted to charge alot to do very little for my pets

to include chewy and achilles. If you are new since Ive been away from the board, I have 2 gentle giants. They are

both husky malamute mixes and both weigh in easily around 75 pounds now. They require the utmost love, attention

and care to be great dogs who dont destroy everything. Yes I mean that literally. if they feel even the tiniest bit lonely

or upset Im in for a world of trouble. Digging, chewing, eating foreign objects, jumping, howling, barking, and them just

plain being a menace to society, lmao. But no really.

I called around and placed ads and all kinds of stuff for weeks trying to find someone to do a good job with them while I

was away for a month.

My advice to you (as a husky owner and lover) is that if you talk to a petsitter agency or a petsitter and they will not do

what you know will need to be done for you and your dog to be happy and at ease, then do not hire them, keep looking!

I kept getting folks who wanted to be paid between $1,000.00 and $1800.00 to just come in 1 time every day to let the

boys out and walk them for 30 minutes, then they wanted to just put them back in their crates and not come back until

the next day. I was furious to think my boys would only be let out or cared for once a day!

I did not hire anyone until I found a lady who told me she would come in 4 times a day to let them potty, feed them twice

and either walk them or take them to the park for an hour.

Look at your schedule for your dog or dogs and if your dog goes out 3 or more times a day (even on a loose schedule)

then you should hire someone to come in at least 3 times, and if your pooch is more than 12 months old then the sitter

should be walking the dog for 1 hour a day. Also, if they will not come in and feed the dog twice a day at the very least,

then do not hire them. Failure to offer services that show they will take proper care of your pets means that they are

ONLY in it for the money and do not deserve to be paid by you.

the person that i got my gsd from, looks after dogs whilst their owners are away, she is cheap enough and any dog left with her lives indoors with her own dogs and is walked in a pack with her german shepherds on a 3 mile round trip a few times a day and are treated as if they are her own. she even grooms,trims nails and baths included in the price!!!!

that is what i would look for in a pet sitter!!!

she lives in stanton harcourt so is too far for some of you guys but she is lovely and her dogs are well fed and looked after

i think the lady im on about charges £8 a day for large dogs and will do a deal if you have more staying, but she is really nice

she shows german shepherds so she can do simple pet first aid and there is a veternarian down the road from her so they are in safe hands........... i dont know if i would leave koda with her as i might not get her back cos shes just too damn cute!!!!!!

so am i and my dad hant managed to rehome me yet!!!!!!!

i keep howling at koda and echo just to try and get a responce

Yeah she howls and is very gobby if I don't feed her !! biggrin.gif

With me You see, as a Pettsitter for the summer and not full time Who would like just a bit of extra money.

That's why i would have the dogs at mine price inc like bath nail's grooming etc . I went to collage and did my Animal management and dog grooming

Last year i looked after 3 gsd and three huskies they were good as good. At least i had my sisters and friends to help me.

I only charged £9 a day for looking after them. She is coming back again this summer.

I will have them for Two weeks they have already met misty and she loves them.