If the tap on the nose is just making her think you are playing with her I wouldn't keep trying it - all she'll learn is that if she bites you, you will engage her in a game. You also don't want her becoming hand shy.

Withdrawing your hand with a 'no' or 'ah' and then once she has stopped biting, rewarding her by redirecting her to a toy would be my suggestion - it takes consistency and patience so keep it up and she will get it eventually :)

If the tap on the nose is just making her think you are playing with her I wouldn't keep trying it - all she'll learn is that if she bites you, you will engage her in a game. You also don't want her becoming hand shy.

Withdrawing your hand with a 'no' or 'ah' and then once she has stopped biting, rewarding her by redirecting her to a toy would be my suggestion - it takes consistency and patience so keep it up and she will get it eventually :)

thats what i thought to. cause she loves having the last bite if you get what i mean x i'll try that x

It takes time......I thought my boy would never stop biting. I tried so many different things and nothing seemed to work. Patience is the key. It's gonna' take as long as it takes, so never rush your training.

Like Sarah said, "be consistent." This doesn't just mean you, it means everybody. Make sure she's not being pet or rewarded somehow after she has bit or even had her mouth on someones hand.

Most importantly, don't get frustrated or angry. Always keep your emotions in check when you're dealing with animals.

hi there i wouldnt tap her on the nose, when she puts her mouth round your hand turn away from her dont give her any attention or talk to her till she stops trying to bite then when she stops pet her if she trys again turn away again it will take time but you need to be consistant (all the family) she will learn that if she bites she doesnt get any attention and she wont like that so will soon change her behavour but you need to make sure everyone in the house does the same and watch playing rough with her as that will encourage biting as thats how dogs play.this is what i have always done with my dogs regardless of age or breed and i have never had any problems, good luck and keep us posted

I agree with Kirsteen, when she bite turn away and ignore her, don't make a big deal out of it otherwise she will carry on biting. Ignore her for a short time and then carry on as usual. As SOON as she does it again repeat the turning away and ignoring her, they hate being ignored and she will soon learn.

Consistency is they key smile.gif Good luck

I'd give up with the taping on the nose, Like bec said you dont want her to become hand shy. There is never a reason to lay a hand on your dog unless its for praise and fuss IMO. Far to many puppy biters lead onto hand shy adults because of being tapped on the nose.

Dogs only show a behaviour they get a reward for (something they think is good even if we think its bad). If she bites when your playing say no or ouch or whatever you want then ignore her like the others have said. She will then learn biting means i dont get attention. Then when she has settle resume the game.

It is important for puppies to learn how hard they can bite a person as this means they will learn bite inhabition. Then if your dog ever gets in a situation where it feels it has to bite eg at the vets at least it has some control over its bite force. Personnaly i think bite inhabition is one of the most important things you can teach your dog. I always allow some mouthing, very gently on hands and even a bit of pressure but anything that hurts gets a "no bite" and the game is over.

Does your pup mix with other dogs/go to puppy training? this will also help her to learn how hard she can bite something without it hurting the other dog or her getting in troubble.