Grass seeds!

So last sunday I went over to walk the dogs and my mum happened to mention one of the dogs had dripped what we thought was poop at the time on the floor (Blaze has had a bit of an upset stomach so we thought it maybe was that) however my mum mentioned Skylas back end was 'dirty' too, so I got one of our dog brushes and brushed her fluffy butt , ok weird that doesnt look like poop to me (and yes it didn't smell like it either) I then noticed after that skyla was licking herself ALOT so I had a look and OMG her vulva was swollen to extremes! I also noticed blood and so assumed the dripping was actually some sort of discharge , I was freaking out so got her into the vets about an hour later , get to the vets thinking the worst and he had a feel around and says he can 'feel a mass' my heart sunk , he kept having a feel and a look and went ah ha! Grass seed! And held this tiny little bit of grass seed up triumphantly,  this tiny little thing had embedded into poor skylas skin at the side of her vulva and caused an infection and the swelling , thankfully shes now on the mend with the help of some metacam and antibiotics and keeping herself clean but our regular vet who we saw today for a check up on it said he has dealt with a lot of grass seeds lately so please keep an eye on your dogs after walks and check them over , in 18 years of dog ownership I've never had to deal with this before and hope I don't have to again   my girl is very sore still 😢 

Still smiling though 

20191004_090340.thumb.jpg.acd0434483c46dca582658ecd40bb2db.jpg

20191004_182314.thumb.jpg.7dd1c19e13ee77e057411d240181c4df.jpg

WOW  - bet you were scared to death   -  so happy its resolved now.     Amazing that something so small can cause such upset in our furbabies.   Give her a kiss from Marley.

44 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

WOW  - bet you were scared to death   -  so happy its resolved now.     Amazing that something so small can cause such upset in our furbabies.   Give her a kiss from Marley.

I was full on freaking out,  and when he said mass my heart dropped , so glad it turned out to be nothing serious but scary that something so small could cause such a big issue 

I will do I'm sure she'll send him kisses back aswell :)

Archived