Toy Danger!

Smithy

The toy is a ball, it's one of the rubber, dimpled balls with a bell in the middle. The dog chewed through the rubber and a vaccuum was created, sucking his tongue into the hollow centre of the ball. The story is terrible and the link is here: http://www.thechaistory.blogspot.com/

There have been other incidences of this sort of thing happening with the same sort of toy and it appears to happen when there is only one hole in the ball. If there is another, smaller hole in the ball then the vaccuum effect is avoided.

Please have a look and check your toys...

OMG! Ive not had this happen before. When I had my rottie (Butch) I had one for him but this didn't happen, he chewed it to bits though.

I don't have any toys like this now, only have the sold rubber toys with no small holes in them now. We do have a kong somewhere (I think my boys have burried it in the garden) but I don't think it is small enough for my boys to get the whole thing in their mouth but now I know I will try to find it and make sure they don't have it when they are on their own.

Thanks