Some help

lovelife82

Hi,

Luna is now 9 1/2 months and she’s our pride and joy. She’s turned into an amazing dog and best friend. The past few days her left eye has had some grey coloured discharge coming near her year duct. Mainly after sleeping at night but during the day too. Yesterday we noticed this lump on her eyelid. We are going to take her to the vets today but was wondering if anyone had any ideas to what it could be and if it’s related to the discharge?

Thanks Amanda 

56C9BB28-67A4-4609-9F8C-E4B1AAB2DF71.png

978E4E69-8353-4504-B56B-7544D7A9310F.png

Hey :)

The lump isn’t next to her tear duct. It’s on the top right hand corner of her eyelid. Can you see it? Just above the reflection in her eye. 

Been to the vets and she said it looks like a stye and maybe she has a little conjunctivitis so gave her some eye drops. She said keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger then maybe it’s not and will need surgery to check and remove it. Hopefully it is just a stye as hairs are growing out of it and with a google search it sounds like that. 

I get so annoyed with vets guessing. LOL

If it is not rubbing on her eyeball causing damage, I would do more research on Styes and see if the eye drops are really necessary.

Hate to give meds for something that is a maybe. (My pups are way to sensitive to test  out random meds for a could be illness)

It looks like its not bothering the eye. 

I hope it ends up being no biggy.

• 3 weeks later...

Our Mishka had a tiny bump like this. The vet said it was benign but would continue to grow. And eventually it would rub the cornea and have to be removed. She said it could be removed when she was under sedation for something else. The growth didn't seem to bother Mishka. So we let it go for a few years during which we moved and changed vets. When she was sedated for a dental cleaning, the new vet removed the growth which was what the first vet said it was. The new vet told us that the incision was a bit bigger than we might have expected because he took a little extra to make sure he got the "roots" so it wouldn't grow back. It healed nicely and 9 months later she's fine.

Archived