Hello Fellow Husky Lovers

tchatley

A preface to my inquiry...my Husky, Elsa, is up to date on all vaccines, full panel blood work, and chest x-ray. The vet chalks it up to "allergies".

Elsa is a 4 yr old white AKC registered Sibe with one blue eye and one parti-eye.

Do any of you experience chronic hacking, coughing, gagging with you Huskies?

LOL

O ya....

My girl is intolerant to grass and some foods. My boy has intolerance to a lot of foods and has seasonal allergies.

If everything came out fine, bloodwork etc... bite the bullet and pay for the allergy test. It is the easiest and fastest way.

My boy coughs, hacks, and gags a lot. It is from chewing on himself. Bites his hair and it gets caught in his throat. We ended up with a partial blockage because of it. So keep an eye on the chewing if you notice it.

Lots of brushing, keep a close eye on food and treats,  witch hazel works great to wipe legs, paws, and under belly off after walks and playing on grass.

We had to get an air purifier and  humidifier.

Depending on what is causing it will be what needs to be done. Try holistic/ natural ways to deal with it first. The meds that the vets push have side effects. Mine did not do well with any of them.

When Darwin gets over excited yep hacking coughing making like he's gonna throw up.

All quite normal

Archived