static

jmaranto

Wlcome to the Pack! Are you sure it's not you that has the static? Does your dog get shocked on its own, or only when you go to touch your dog? It's much more likely that the static charge is on your end. I've not heard of any dog getting static buildup in its coat. With bare pads in contact with the floor, they should be much better grounded than a person with shoes or socks on.

Maybe I need to do some more experimenting with Zoya to see if I can get her to take a static charge.

Guest snowdog

ive never heard of it either , ill try rubbing neeko up n down to build up static an sticking her to the wall like you do with balloons lmfao.tongue.gif

i am of course only joshinrolleyes.gif shes too heavy ill try shadow the youngest lmfaolaugh.gif

I get static shocks & crackles off Myshka's fur, not all the time, she doesn't notice it but I flippin' do! :o Mainly when stroking or scratching her mid-shoulder to mid-back .... must admit, I've not tried anything to stop it as it doesn't last long .... maybe ask the vet next time you're passing or in for a check-up or whatever, see if they can recommend something :)

Not had this with my boys but......have this problem at work on laminate flooring - they have to coat the floor with a lacer ever so many months which stops the static - it was horrible every time we opened a filing cabinet or something lol

It might happen more often with us because of the material in our houses. Our couch is a very soft type of material that seems to get everyone electrically charged lol. The poor cats and the dog keep shocking themselves and uslaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Or when I wear fleece pants and Pongo is trying to sit in my lap or squeezing his not so little butt past me he usually gets a nice shock lol

oh i've never come across this or even heard of static from a dog, well im still learning lol xxx

same here ive never heard ov it either n never got a shock off my boys

ive never heard of it either , ill try rubbing neeko up n down to build up static an sticking her to the wall like you do with balloons lmfao.tongue.gif

i am of course only joshinrolleyes.gif shes too heavy ill try shadow the youngest lmfaolaugh.gif

lmao jane take pics ov shadow stuck to the wall laugh.gif