Sign in to follow this  
lovelife82

Harness and Lead advice

Hi, 

Luna will be 11 weeks when she can go outside for walks. I was wanting some advice. I’m look at the Vari-fit harness and have read that a good lead is a police training lead. Is that something you would recommend? Once she is good on a lead then would a retractable lead be a good choice? What do you all use?

Thanks

Amanda :) 

Love our varifit harnasses from Sid and my customs 2 in 1 leads, and then there is her walking belt ....

Vari-fit and police lead for mine
If you do want to walk on a flexi make sure you get the biggest strongest one they do and make sure she is also trained to walk nicely on the flexi aswell as a normal lead

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• Like 1

I use the Houdini ultra harness and police lead on a walking belt, they are great but also heard great things about the vari fit! I personally wouldn’t recommend a retractable lead, if she was to suddenly lunge at a cat/squirrel etc when fully grown it could snap

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• Like 1

I use the Houdini ultra harness and police lead on a walking belt, they are great but also heard great things about the vari fit! I personally wouldn’t recommend a retractable lead, if she was to suddenly lunge at a cat/squirrel etc when fully grown it could snap

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners
Sid now makes a vari-fit Houdini too

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

I have went from a regular collar ( which my male about broke his jaw when he got twisted up with his sister’s collar). Went to a choker ( had no control over my male and was very afraid of  thyroid injuries). 

Now on a prong which works great on the boy but is  destroy his hair on his neck.

The girl is ready for a collar or harness (I am looking at the Vari fit for her). I am going to bit the bullet and get it for him too since his outer coat is getting destroyed.

Thanks everyone :)

I’ve ordered the Vari-fit for her and going to get the police lead to go with it. 

Really looking forward to taking her out for the first time, in a couple of weeks. 

Thanks again

Amanda

p.s this forum and the people in it have really been invaluable x

• Like 2