New to husky breed.

Dogmam

Hi all

As the title states I am new to the husky breed. I currently have a 6 month old Siberian husky called meka. I think there may be something else in her blood line as she has brown eyes and looks a bit different. But im not bothered, I also have 3 Japanese akita x German shepherd  (shepkita) all siblings two boys and a girl. We recently lost their mum, (july). So i am  it new to a larger and dominant breed just huskies themselves. Meka settled in great with the pack they adore her. 

Does anyone else's husky roll in gross stuff. My others have never done it they don't like even getting her paws dirty but meka is loving rolling in anything smelly and gross at he moment and also obsessed with worn socks doesn't bother with clean ones

20181109_151235.jpg

Thanks 2huskyfun

So it's not just meka being naughty then... haha. I had run out of wipes so I just used a clean flannel and some mild diluted baby shampoo and thoroughly rinsed her as i was out of fog shampoo after she rolled a few weeks ago. I don't think I could ever go back to a small breed now after we got our first akita, (we took or an addict who was mistreating her) she was the best dog ever, her kids and meka are equally as awesome too. Can't have kids (do have a step son) so the dogs are literally the kids I can't have love them so much 

Oh and she also loves to jump in the bath at the moment (right after I've cleaned it usually) and play with the plug, or jump about, ... WHY? She has a box spilling over with toys and is walked twice daily with extra trips to wherever I am going on foot we have lots of lead training  and command training going on with at least one of the other dogs so she can learn by example  she is doing fantastic. She is very very intelligent, she loves to Please! Is constantly playing with one of her pack mates, Surely she cant be so bored she wants to jump around the bath 

20181106_132706.jpg

Keep the wipes handy. It will happen again. LOL

I have to use  sensitive baby wipes. Less chance of a reaction and my pups don’t handle baths to well. It’s too dry where I am at to bath them every time, it would destroy their coats. Hehee

All my human babies are grown and I’m retired. So I understand.

2 minutes ago, Dogmam said:

Oh and she also loves to jump in the bath at the moment (right after I've cleaned it usually) and play with the plug, or jump about, ... WHY? She has a box spilling over with toys and is walked twice daily with extra trips to wherever I am going on foot we have lots of lead training  and command training going on with at least one of the other dogs so she can learn by example  she is doing fantastic. She is very very intelligent, she loves to Please! Is constantly playing with one of her pack mates, Surely she cant be so bored she wants to jump around the bath 

20181106_132706.jpg

My male is always getting in the tub. Have no idea why because he doesn’t like baths. 

Mine actually turned on the water yesterday. Luckily it was the cold and I was standing there. Might want to watch out for that.

They have never ending energy. 

I usually do have wipes I'd just happened to run out not two hours before, I use sensitive too my shepkitas suffer dry elbows and never get dirty so i just dont bath them, on their birthday they go to the groomers, for the works, they swim in the sea about 3 times a week so always sea air salty fresh, I use the wipes mainly to wipe drool off them after they have rough housed or god forbid they got paws dirty they hate that, 

Oh my god I  didn't even  think about her knocking on the tap, luckily they are quite stiff and older style not the new give them a little push types. She loves a bath especially a god towel rub down and a cool blow dry, she moves accordingly so I get all the wet spots, she is nuts this dog I swear! 

Archived