Stop rough play

I have a 7 month old male sibe. I have other dogs and can't seem to get him to leave one of my dogs alone. He starts to play rough my other dog is elderly and does not want to play. He gets too rough I tell him to stop and he does. It always happens when I'm not there as he knows he is not to do it. My other dog does tell him off but he takes no notice as he only has two teeth. How can I get him to leave my elderly dog alone. Like I said he does not do it with my other 3 dogs. All my other dogs are smaller than him. 

Are you able to separate them whilst you’re out?
When you’re around and he does it, you can say no and then remove him from the room for a short length of time each time it happens but it’s obviously not possible to work on training when you’re not there which is why I’d personally separate them, if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I agree with Emma  -   your older dog has earned the right to peace and quiet.   If you cannot separate them whilst you are out  -  crate your younger dog.    As your younger dog does not bother the others  -  he is obviously targeting the older dog as he sees him as being the weakest    -  it might be rough play at the moment  -   but as your younger dog matures it might not stay that way.

I have a 7 month old male sibe. I have other dogs and can't seem to get him to leave one of my dogs alone. He starts to play rough my other dog is elderly and does not want to play. He gets too rough I tell him to stop and he does. It always happens when I'm not there as he knows he is not to do it. My other dog does tell him off but he takes no notice as he only has two teeth. How can I get him to leave my elderly dog alone. Like I said he does not do it with my other 3 dogs. All my other dogs are smaller than him. 

I agree with Wolfpup, it sounds like challenging play, he’s targeting the weakest member of the pack for his place. You need to be vigilant because as he grows it may escalate. If you don’t want to crate the pup, crate the older dog to protect him when you’re not there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived