is my pup too small for her age?

patty.piggy

HI every I would like to have some comment about my furrt puppy size. She was born Dec 10 last year. Is her size is to small comparing to other husky pups?

today I went shopping at the pet shop and I met another 11 week old sibe pup. She is a lot bigger than my pup. :'(

I am a little bit worry. My yoon-ah doesnt eat much either.

dsc04789s.jpg

It's true that some are smaller than others. Yours looks fine for 11 weeks. Our Zoya was about that size at 3 months. At a little over 18 months, she weights 58 pounds.

What are you feeding your pup? If she's not eating much, it may be she does not like her food, or she may have worms. Have you had her stools checked for worms?

Forget to mention. Your Husky is so damn cute. Her mask is gorgeous.

Benno_bro Thank you for your comment much appreciate

Mazz Thank you. I gave her Royal canine for puppy mixed with Diamond( her previous owener gave her this) So far, she has a little soft poo. I am hoping that this is cause by her sensitiveness due to the re-home. I went to the vet and she got dewormed 4 days ago. Still, she doesnt like to eat much My bro and I gave her some treats but she doesnt really enthusiastic for them either. We also gave her grill salmon sometime which she loves them!(her coat is a little dry) She likes to play with the dolls and a bath towel. I read your blog. Zoya is gorgeous!

Although she doesnt have much treats but she has learnt to walk on leach( which surprise me). I guess this is the intelligent of the husky that has been long known. lolz They know what we want them to do, the thing is do they really want to do it!

I am in love with my husky<3 :3

I'm going to comment on the food. Royal Canine Puppy is not the best. Diamond (?) is a toss up. Dry skin may be due to lack of oils or fat in the food. If you can get Taste of the Wild, either High Prairie or Wetlands formula, pick up a small bag and see how she does. You'll need to make the switch gradually. TOTW is an all stages of life food, so it's fine for puppies and for adults. Otherwise, look for a grain-free high quality puppy food. Stay clear of any foods containing corn, brewer's rice, or wheat. Make sure Omega 3 and Omega 6 are in the food you get. Zoya has been on TOTW for almost a year. She absolutetly loves the stuff. Merrick, Wellness, EVO, all make good puppy foods. Protein should be 28 - 32% and fat should be around 15%.

She looks fine B). Our pup is almost the same age and roughly the same size, though different in build (longer and leggier, as from strong working lines). She weighed 6.7kg at her 10 week weigh-in.

we feed mostly raw, which is said to give slower but steadier growth (but we have our reasons for preferring that to a pup who gets huge at a young age)

I think she looks absolutely fine for her age, as has been said, they come in various shapes & sizes! :lol:

Don't forget, huskies don't tend to eat as much as "normal" dogs anyway, but I would look into the content of what you're feeding, Dave (Mazz) has given some greatr info in his post.

Good luck with your new furbaby, let us know how you're both getting on!

welcome to the pack she is gorgeous n looks great not small at all ive seen sum huskies who are huge so my boy at 17 months looks tiny but he is actually at the high end ov the breed standard scale so im not worried like every1 else has sed they come in all shapes and sizes - abit like people :) cnt w8 2 c MORE pics :)