Chewing hair

mylo

Hi was wondering if anyone has had any issues with their husky eating tail hair and also stomach hair had him to the vet nothing found they said it might be a ocd thing. I am confused never heard of a dog having ocd he gets two hour walks a day plus he’s never left alone for longer than three hours plus plenty of toys to keep him amused all the time any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Coconut oil in diet helps repel fleas. Can apply topically but this might make him more attentive to that area!
If it's a continual habit Id5 suggest a basket muzzle for a half hour (always under supervision) and increase periods gradually, but they can drink and receive a treat through this.
Removing or forcing a 'stop' to a habit can work on this too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Husky Owners mobile app

Coconut oil in diet helps repel fleas. Can apply topically but this might make him more attentive to that area!
If it's a continual habit I'd suggest a basket muzzle for a half hour (always under supervision) and increase periods gradually, but they can drink and receive a treat through this.
Removing or forcing a 'stop' to a habit can work on this too.

I just know that mine do not have fleas and are not stressed and they will still eat hair every now and then...so imo if you are sure that yours do not have those things either then make up your own mind...

Rob is right.
My post was a suggestion only 🤗 I didn't mean to suggest any misunderstanding.

My boy chases and chews/holds onto his tail and then dives to scratch his tummy or lick something (!) Lol

Thanks all helpful comments but have thought and checked everything I could think of one of the reasons I took him to the vet he’s just turned one never done this before nothing has changed I’m thinking it could be hormone based as he hasn’t been castrated and he is more frustrated at times hence why I am walking him more to tire him out which sometimes feels impossible as he is way fitter than I am lol I will let use know how a get on with it thanks again for the advise much appreciated [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

They just get Nervous or bored and will randomly for those reasons start doing it. Storm (Winter's mom) use to do it a lot and we never really knew why so just because they want to is also a reason. I would just give him lots of things to do maybe find him a buddy to play with might help. [emoji4]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

They just get Nervous or bored and will randomly for those reasons start doing it. Storm (Winter's mom) use to do it a lot and we never really knew why so just because they want to is also a reason. I would just give him lots of things to do maybe find him a buddy to play with might help. [emoji4]

Funny you say that we have been looking into getting another husky problem I have is I feel like I would need a bigger house lol

Funny you say that we have been looking into getting another husky problem I have is I feel like I would need a bigger house lol

Get another one your house will be fine and you will love that you did [emoji4] A little warning it kind of looks like they are killing each other but they are playing [emoji4][emoji4] It's fun I promise you will LOVE it 🤗[emoji179][emoji177][emoji177][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji252][emoji252][emoji191][emoji191][emoji191]

Get another one your house will be fine and you will love that you did [emoji4] A little warning it kind of looks like they are killing each other but they are playing [emoji4][emoji4] It's fun I promise you will LOVE it 🤗[emoji179][emoji177][emoji177][emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji252][emoji252][emoji191][emoji191][emoji191]

(The smaller the house, the more it's filled with HUSKY LOVE!!!)
Your baby could actually have a yeast infection...for dogs, that means on their skin/all over if it's bad enough...they will bite/pull fur and make irritated bald spots. (My Dad's Samoyed had one and it took the Vet forever to find out what was wrong with him (KAI).
Good luck and hope this will stop. Or take back to Vet if it's really bad.
[emoji171][emoji274][emoji191]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

They do say huskies are like potato chips... You can't just have one. 😁 They are addicting which is why I have 4. 

Does he pull out his own hair? Or is it falling out and then he eats it? If he is pulling it out and he is eating it, it could be a multitude of things as everyone has suggested. However if it is falling out on its own and then he is eating it, it could be thyroid related. If that is the case I would ask to have his thyroid checked. 

Archived