Spots

Paradox

Hi all, 

Figured a rain day is a good day to sit in and flood the forum with questions. 

Despite my best efforts to get in touch with previous owner(s) and breeder I wasn't able to get Loki's breeding information or pedigree. I don't mind about breed so much as I wanted to know his pedigree for future health concerns. 

With that in mind, I was wondering how common it is for Husky's to have spots. He has spots along his front left leg, some scattered down his right leg, a few on his stomach. The are getting more defined the older he gets. Hardly visible three weeks ago. Now they are dark and stand out. 

Husky trait, possible throw back or another breed in the mix completely? 

You can see the ones along his leg in the photo. 

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Very unusual, I’ve personally not come across many little spots like that on a husky before. Normally the Bigger ones like you see on a piebald coat pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

One of the parents could have been piebald color, I had a black and white that had spots, and two of my red & whites sire was a piebald and only one had unique markings!! Loki is beautiful, I can't wait to watch him grow up and see how his markings turn out!!

It's possible for huskies to have spots :-) It's not something seen a lot. [emoji2] I'm happy LOKI is different it makes him Unique [emoji4] You may never get a Pedigree especially if he didn't come with papers that show he is purebred it's almost impossible. If you really want to know is ancestry you can take a DNA test through embarkvet and it will also show you his COI and inbreeding. [emoji4] Also giving you some of is background and where he could possible come from with his DNA 🤗🤗🤗[emoji178][emoji178][emoji177][emoji171][emoji171][emoji170][emoji170][emoji170][emoji171][emoji178][emoji179][emoji179]

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Thanks guys, I thought it was a bit odd too. Not that it bothers me, just curious. 

Every day I am noticing them pop up more and more, up along his shoulder, around his pads, chest. Initially he just had a few faint ones along his leg ( the ones in the photo ). 

I am excited to see how he grows out! 

Huskys at Play - An absolute monster, but incredibly cuddly :lol:

As a younger puppy Aris had one thick short line on his back and one spot (like that on your-s puppy leg) on the tail. Now as 8 month old puppy he has triangle on his back, and black hair here and there on the tail. :)

Archived