Suddenly won’t sleep at night

janeyp

Hi 

Ivan is nearly 6 months old and successfully crate trained. I’ve never had any trouble with him sleeping but for a week now he’s crying constantly to go outside and won’t sleep. He just seems to want to watch the garden at night. He has plenty of exercise in the day and also a walk before bedtime. Any ideas please?  

Mine become much more lively and energetic as the temperature drops. The colder it becomes, the more they want to be outside running around.
Also as mentioned maybe one night they’ve heard something in the garden so now their interest is peaked and they keep wanting to explore out there for more interesting things.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

One of mine in particular, Cai likes to be out at night, I just leave the back door open and he can come and go as he pleases, I make sure he’s in by 9.30 and lock up. Nocturnal animals are his big interest so this is why he wants to be out when it’s dark. Neither of mine are crate trained and they come in and out at will but I have noticed they become restless when the springers at the back of us are in season.

Amys keener to be outside as long as possible now the temperature is dropping, never connected the full moon thing tho, will keep an eye on that [emoji15]

11 hours ago, Hazel's mommy said:

My pup is 6 months old and now that it’s cooled down at night She refuses to come inside until her bedtime, which is 10. She seems to really enjoy the cool weather.

Aris also. 

He sleeps in hall between rooms, so he doesn/t hear sounds from outside. Otherwise ,  he wants to check every dog that passes by. And cat. And car. And ... :lol:

Archived