Walkers Recent Vet Visit

Al & Walker

Recently Walker had a seize and so I took him into a well recommended vet in the area i just moved to. My mother, aunt, and cousins take their pets here so I figured we would give it a try. I told him about the seizure and how this past weekend walker started throwing up everything he ate and he was unable to poo for about four days straight. He did blood work and some other tests and told me everything was clear, except that he has a start of a UTI. So he gave me antibiotics to help walker and sent me out. Well, Walker got worse, he started acting weird and throwing up more. HE stopped eating everything, even fresh chicken and any treats.  I wasn't sure if there could have been something stuck in his tummy or what.  So, Monday morning I get him into a different vet and it turns out he has parasites and worms. I was instructed to stop giving him the antibiotics that the other vet had given me because they only had inflamed his inner intestine walls --making it all worse.  Walker is on medication for both of those things now and he has a follow up check-up appointment today. 

I called the first vet and I explained to him that he has worms and parasites. He asked me how I knew and I told him I had taken him to the Edgewood animal Hospital (just down the road from his location) and he began to yell at me and told me that "those vets down there are just talking s*** about me and you shouldn't listen to them at all." At that point I asked for a credit of some sort back for his 500$ error when diagnosing my boy. He started telling me to shut up and that I'm not a vet so how could I understand any of what is actually going on. He asked for the results from the Edgewood animal hospital and I called down to release Walkers Medical tests to him. He then called me back and he told me that he agrees he has parasites and worms looking at the papers, but he refuses to give me any of my money back. Is there anything I can do at this point? 

Either way, the money is not of large concern to me, but I am here to advise all pet owners on here to never go to the All Pets Veterinary Clinic in Cedar Rapids Iowa.  

On a side note, walker is doing much much better and is back to himself. Hopefully today's appointment will show that he is clear of the worms and parasites. 

Have a great day everyone! 

Al & Walker

Poor Walker, hope he's feeling better soon
Thats an expensive mistake the 1st vet made!!! I would definitely be asking for a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

It's good wallet is all better. I would look up any law possible to get that money back :-) if I'm ever down there I won't be going to that vet :-):-) tell us how the update goes :-):-)

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Wallet needs to be Walker spell check

Sent from my Pixel using Husky Owners mobile app

Poor walker. I’m glad he’s feeling better. I swear some of these vets are there just for the money and have no compassion for the animal or it’s owners wallet! I can’t believe how unprofessional that vet was with you. Unbelievable.

Poor boy , hope he's ok soon , do u have anything like a citizens advice center? It might worth going and asking what u can do , if he's admitted a mistake then he should at least partial refund you even if it's just for the medication , tho the bloodwork should have told him that he has worms

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

You could well find that the seizures will stop altogether now  -  that was the first thing my vet checked when I took Marley in because of seizures  -  they asked me when he was last wormed as it can cause seizures.   So glad he is improving now.

Wow, what kind of a vet is he?
Thank goodness you took Walker to another vet, I hope he’s better soon. Maybe you could speak to him about the unnecessary pain he inflicted on Walker for his wrong diagnosis and a refund. Good luck!

WALKER hopefully is feeling better I pray.
I would try one more time to ask the Vet if he could meet you "half way" & give you half your money back or future credit since he is at fault due to a huge bill with no help/results. (I do believe in second chances.) If the Vet says no the second time, I would then go to the Vet's company website & put a big "comment" out there for everyone to see. Also, I'd contact the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or an organization like that.
So sorry this happened to you and WALKER.[emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived