What coat color/pattern is this with panda eyes?

Elkrut

Hi guys! I'm new here so I hope I didn't break any rules :lol:

Anyways, Damocles had got me curious lately and I've been dying to ask this question but sadly I don't have a friend who owns a husky but I've been googling around and figured that this might be the best place to ask.

So Damocles used to have a clover mask with a very light circle around his eyes which is barely noticeable unless closer examination. During his 8th week I started to noticed that he developed a full mask which is not there before, and I haven't seen a husky with this kind of pattern and coat color in my country since most people here owns the common coat pattern and colours. Thanks in advance!

Damocles Front.jpg

Damocles Top.jpg

Damocles.jpg

Awww. Husky goggles! Their face markings can vary quite dramatically and as they age they can change a fair bit too. The goggles may stay and get darker or fade significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

3 hours ago, Emma said:

Awww. Husky goggles! Their face markings can vary quite dramatically and as they age they can change a fair bit too. The goggles may stay and get darker or fade significantly.

I hope it stays :( specially the sword looking thing in his middle since that's where I got his name " Sword of Damocles."

2 hours ago, BingBlaze n Skyla said:

He'll end up being a dark (wolf) grey , the goggles will get darker too they might stay or they might fade in time too

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Hope so but he looked more like cream in personal. It's probably just the flash of the camera that made him looked white although, he had dark grey furs in some areas.

2 hours ago, chelseafan said:

He's gorgeous, one of mine, Luka had goggles and they stood out more when he was younger, they don't stand out as much now that he's darker.

Thanks! Btw when did Luka develop his googles? Mine only showed around this week specially his bars in the middle which is not present at all before, I mean it totally looked like a clover mask with subtle crescent moon googles in the past few weeks that's why I was surprised when I noticed that he started to develop a full mask along with a very noticeable googles.

Thanks! Btw when did Luka develop his googles? Mine only showed around this week specially his bars in the middle which is not present at all before, I mean it totally looked like a clover mask with subtle crescent moon googles in the past few weeks that's why I was surprised when I noticed that he started to develop a full mask along with a very noticeable googles.

I could be wrong , he could end up dark red instead

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

The pic I have on one of the threads is when he was 4 weeks old and still with the breeder, his markings were starting to show then, his fur was a lot lighter then now he's darker they're not as noticeable. This pic is when he was 10 weeks old.53f0ae5aac567da6683e3f44e811a1e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

40 minutes ago, chelseafan said:

The pic I have on one of the threads is when he was 4 weeks old and still with the breeder, his markings were starting to show then, his fur was a lot lighter then now he's darker they're not as noticeable. This pic is when he was 10 weeks old.53f0ae5aac567da6683e3f44e811a1e7.jpg

Awww that cute stare. I hope Damocles gets darker too when he grows older.

3344cc476ad193e417375ae8c15d3cf1.jpg

5f97e7948faebbe279335bfcbb2a0c86.jpg

I think they are similar to my friends dog Solar they might end up a cream/red?

That's Astros mum in the second pic with Solar!

Also masks can change quite a lot as they grow

487d06cd270aea54d8c70b6c82871633.jpg

2nd dog (pup) from left is Astros sister as a pup, quite a significant Mask

364d194174f0618a512acda63dcc976e.jpg

And this is what she looks like now

3 hours ago, chelseafan said:

Nice name, Cai my red was darker when he was a pup and now he's a lot lighter and Luka's much darker!
Damocles looks like he's a shade of red on his head or is it the lighting?

Yes, I think Light Red.

@Rachael_Astro

Wow, Damocles and Solar looks identical. Thanks for this, it definitely shed some light for my questions.

On 9/29/2017 at 5:14 AM, ARMANI & ALINAH said:

ELKRUT~ I think DAMOCLES will stay cream & brownish red and hope he keeps the mask. Such a stunner!!

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

I think so too but recently his dark brown and black colors are starting to show up in some areas like hind legs/arms, I think he's turning into sable but either color works.

Yay! can't wait to see his true coat. :yahoo:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived