I've just been reading up on the law about dogs in leads...

chelseafan

The law is clear on putting a lead on your dog in public places but I think it should apply to ALL places in public, from when you leave your house to when you arrive home. There are places to take our fur babies for an off lead run, granted not as many as we'd all like.

Another off lead incident this morning, this time a charging off lead pit bull, whose owner was elderly, too busy lighting up his cigarette to notice. My two on the extending lead, I saw it running towards us, barking and growling, I pulled my two in and amazingly I kept calm, the owner called his dog, dog ignored and both Cai and Luka reacted aggressively, growling, hackles up, dragging me, the dog stopped and ran back to his owner who then put the lead on and said he wants to play.

It's not rocket science to keep dogs on a lead and how many dog incidents could be avoided.

Luka's been doing really well with other dogs and since I've been keeping a diary, it seems to be dogs that are excited or dogs who approach us that he reacts to. His behavioural training starts next sat morning and I'm so ready to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Even if his dog did want to play , he shouldn't just let his dog run up to others without asking u first anyway , mine hate offlead dogs n I hate when people shout their dogs are friendly or they just want to play! I've asked u to call your dog back for a reason why do people not respect that!

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

It's a nice thought to let dogs run up to each other and have a sniff and walk away happily, the reality is a different story. A couple and their terriers walked up to us on a walk and decided they wanted their dogs to say hello to mine, didn't bother to ask if my two are ok with it, no reaction from my two, thankfully. The mind boggles!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I have had so many incidents now I've lost count. It is always an off lead dog and it is starting to drive me mad. I understand everyone's frustration but as I have said before....we are the minority.

I now believe every dog should be kept on lead unless in proper dog park.

I'd much rather mine be on lead and in control especially if you come across something new last week 3horses were ridden past us. We had no idea how Solo would react so we kept still and calm I shouted to the riders that he may react so be aware this was appreciated. As it was he was fine with them just watched closely if off lead that has potential for hazard all over it. Mine are fine when we meet most dogs (exception the local rottie who Charlie hates for some reason) but we've had off lead dogs come up to us growling and that is wrong but the owners don't care.

Oh God my walk earlier this woman had around 6-8 dogs all off lead , luckily only one ran over to us n barked but kept it's distance n luckily the owner listened when I asked her to call it back! That's my worst nightmare bumping into those lot on a walk

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Theres a woman near me who walks 8 collies pff lead to be fair they are very well trained and never bother other dogs but thats not to say another off lead dog could cause her trouble, I thought there was a law about how many dogs one handle could walk in public??

Theres a woman near me who walks 8 collies pff lead to be fair they are very well trained and never bother other dogs but thats not to say another off lead dog could cause her trouble, I thought there was a law about how many dogs one handle could walk in public??

I think there is a recent law which says you can only walk a max of 4 dogs at a time. The amount of people I see with more is insane [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived