Frantic at Night...

vledsham

My 4 yr old husky, Puck, has taken to waking up mid-night and crying. He usually sleeps beside the bed, so when he wakes up, he starts flipping the sheets up, crying, looking for us, and when he finds us, he breathes in our faces and puts his paws up on the bed.

We've tried walking him more so he's more tired, letting him out to go to the bathroom (he doesn't have to go, and runs right back to come inside), giving him a toy to play with, and sadly, the only thing that's been working, is letting him onto the bed, which we really do not want to do. We can't leave him outside to sleep because we don't want him getting into fights with raccoons.

It's like he's had a nightmare and wants his pack!

Any ideas how to break him of this? I work full-time and have basically had 5 nights of barely any sleep! Has this happened to anyone else??

Afraid Im not much help, as we let ours sleep where they like, and they do like to be with us as their 'pack leaders' It sounds like a form of separation anxiety?. Has his routine changed recently from usual, or has something about your routine or houshold setup changed recently?

Afraid Im not much help, as we let ours sleep where they like, and they do like to be with us as their 'pack leaders' It sounds like a form of separation anxiety?. Has his routine changed recently from usual, or has something about your routine or houshold setup changed recently?

whats the most you'v had on the bed lyn?? lol

I was going to say has anything in his routine changed lately?

Nope, it started on a regular Saturday night and carried on each night after. He was okay last night and settled down quickly, but not sure if it'll keep up. He's done this twice before for a few days at a time, so I guess maybe he'll be better for a while, but when it starts up again (which it probably will), it'd be nice to have a quick fix.

I'll try giving him something with our scent next - great idea.

We'd prefer he not sleep on the bed because he clearly respects me less and is less obedient after he's allowed to sleep on the bed! Men!!

I agree with Emo Kid.......

Shiloh was the same but he is only 10wk old...when we brought him home he was like that for the 1st wk...he hated being alone during the day or at night so someone suggested to us to give him something of ours that will have our scent on it- as he is with my mostly i gave him one of my old t shirts- i wore it for the whole day so it really smelt like me- since then he does seem to sleep alot better.

hope this helps?

Tami xx