Husky Proof Walking Boots

DanUK

Hi All. Not sure if this the the correct place to post this?

I having been having issues with footwear since I got Mowgli.

First I brought a cheap £40 pair from Sports Direct and I wore from them in 2 months. At this point I was doing around 6 miles a day. I then decided to go for a £90 pair, again from Sports Direct. These lasted 2 weeks as they started leaking and were returned. I then bit the bullet and went for a £160 pair of Scarpa Boots. These felt amazing and were very water proof. After around 4 weeks I noticed the tread was wearing down very quickly and uneven. At week 6 I had worn through to the midsole on parts of the boots. Now walking around 10miles a day with these. Long story with the scarpas but they are not willing to help with replacing. They have offered a discount on a resole. Anyway, now on a £200 pair of leather Meindl boots which seems to be wearing ok but they still have the same Vibram soles as the scarpas so not so confident these will last either. Somewhere between 10-13 miles a day.

I would like to know what other people use and what sort of walking they do. At least 3 miles a day where I walk is tarmac(ashfelt) and the rest is grass and mud.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Not sure I can help, I have a pair of RAF issue boots that my friend gave me they are tough as anything and very supportive, I don't do your sort of mileage as dont do all the walks
for the price you have been paying I'd expect your boots to last alot longer, cant believe they wouldnt replace for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I have sort of the same problem my left foot wears uneven on the heal...I have cheap ones they last 2 to 3 months...I also have 3 pairs of Hanwags (you sort out the price LOL) now the advantage with them is that they last a bit longer about 4 to 5 months but they can be resoled easy and at a resonable price 90 euro including postage...I one had a pair of army boots which lasted 1 month..LOLOL

I wear Adidas GSG9 military boots. £160 per pair (and they come in half sizes too)

designed for the German SAS

I wear them 7 days per week and I get an average of 2 years wear and tear

Very waterproof, up to my ankles in freezing north wales streams, feet nice and dry.

Adidas-GSG-9_2.thumb.jpg.daaf1c290a35b4b8c4945785a67c5d5b.jpg

• Like 3

I wear Adidas GSG9 military boots. £160 per pair (and they come in half sizes too)
designed for the German SAS
I wear them 7 days per week and I get an average of 2 years wear and tear
Very waterproof, up to my ankles in freezing north wales streams, feet nice and dry.
Adidas-GSG-9_2.thumb.jpg.daaf1c290a35b4b8c4945785a67c5d5b.jpg

The look more like it [emoji106]

Thanks everyone for your replys. I think I will give Andys option a go

1 minute ago, DanUK said:

The look more like it emoji106.png

Thanks everyone for your replys. I think I will give Andys option a go

here's where to get them Dan. . . and they are on special offer £121 instead of £160 bargain :)

http://www.polimil.co.uk/footwear-offers/adidas-gsg92-boot-black.html

Thanks Andy! I think I just order them now so I have a spare set.

How good are there sizes. In Scarpa I am 10.5 and others 11.

1 minute ago, DanUK said:

Thanks Andy! I think I just order them now so I have a spare set.

How good are there sizes. In Scarpa I am 10.5 and others 11.

They are quite snug at first but they quickly adapt and I've never had any "wearing in" they are super comfortable right off.

probably best to go half a size bigger than your normal shoe / trainer size as your feet swell when on long walks

Good luck with the new footwear.... maybe have some metal studs put in the soles so they can stand up to your mileage!! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

I already understood that it's nonsense to buy cheaper pairs of shoes because they started to look destroyed after some months, especially when I walked with my dog. That's how I was convinced to buy shoes more expensive and know that they would not break down quickly. I tried more types of shoes, but I stopped at yeezy boost 350 because it's more practical than over for me. You could try to make the same to try more methods. And of course, if they are easy to wash, after my experience.