Please help..... remedy for ticks and fleas??

Southshore

Hi everyone! I live in a hot and humid climate.... please tell me what is the MOST EFFECTIVE treatment for ticks and fleas. I would say my 6 month female has a moderate level of fleas and ticks.

I am a first time owner and finding them difficult to control. Also, what can I spray in my room where she stays with me to keep them out?

You can get sprays for household carpets, bedding etc..... or powder. They usually say daily vacuuming too, when mine got fleas I also washed everything in sight that would fit in the machine like bedding, rugs etc.... wouldn't kill any fleas most likely but I was hoping it would get rid of some eggs if there were any there.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I had ticks infestation Long time ago when I brought my spaniel for grooming. I got the family out of the house, sprayed few cans of Baygon every corner of the house to rid them once and for all before bringing my spaniel home. The ticks were in every crevice between the floor and wall and crawled out to die.

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2017 at 6:31 AM, CocoStorm said:

I had ticks infestation Long time ago when I brought my spaniel for grooming. I got the family out of the house, sprayed few cans of Baygon every corner of the house to rid them once and for all before bringing my spaniel home. The ticks were in every crevice between the floor and wall and crawled out to die.

Thanks that is very helpful indeed!

• 10 months later...

Hi there :)

As a proud owner of two dogs (Elsa and Becky <3), there is some advice I would like to share with you.

First of all, fleas and ticks are very resilient and they love warm environments.

The feast of the blood of the host, and sometimes your dog will show signs of allergies by scratching, biting, and rubbing more often than usual in order to soothe the itching.

My personal recommendation is Bravecto for dogs oral flea and tick treatment for dogs.

Make sure to choose the right type depending on the weight and the age of your furry friend ;)

• 2 years later...

I don't know, it depends on from a dog to another. In this case you better go to a veterinary doctor, I think he will help you the best. Last year I had problems with my dog, he had fleas and I didn't know what to do, these fleas were everywhere, once I didn't know  how to remove fleas from carpet thank god, google helped me. So what I am saying is that you better ask someone who knows better in this situation. Don't joke with it's your dog, you're part of the family. 

On 12/6/2020 at 8:05 AM, PaulPay said:

I don't know, it depends on from a dog to another. In this case you better go to a veterinary doctor, I think he will help you the best. Last year I had problems with my dog, he had fleas and I didn't know what to do, these fleas were everywhere, once I didn't know  how to remove fleas from carpet thank god, google helped me. So what I am saying is that you better ask someone who knows better in this situation. Don't joke with it's your dog, you're part of the family. 

It's interesting ,thank you

Archived