Luna seems skinny

Huskies will eat only as much as they need.

My boy Darwin will quite often have half a dozen mouthfuls then walk away. Other days he'll wolf down the lot.

Your pup won't starve herself. they are very efficient at using what they eat and as such need a lot less than a similar sized breed.

If you are worried then consult your vet.

Is she getting lots of treats too, maybe filling her up? As Andy said, she wont starve herself but you could ask vet if your worried

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

from the pic, she looks like a healthy weight to me.  Huskies are lean dogs, and many people may think that they are too skinny, but they are not.  Mine only get 2 cups of taste of the wild, so she probably just eats until she is full.  If you are worried then I would ask your vet. 

3 cups sounds like quite a lot as huskies tend to eat less than most other breeds due to their heritage of needing to be resourceful.
How old is she? Dogs won't start to fill out until around 12-18 months anyway tbh and huskies are a lean breed not stocky like a malamute. Some breeding lines tend to be more slender than others too.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Dakota is a recent rescue dog that looks very skinny. After his rescue, it took him a week or so to eat kibble, but he was willing to eat canned tuna. Now, he grazes: Eating a mouth or two of kibble at a time. We leave his kibble (Purina One, lamb & rice) down 24/7. When we worry, we soft scramble an egg and mix it in. We suspect that he is just not a enthusiastic eater. He is an only dog, so he doesn't have a competitive need to eat.

We would be happier if he was thicker, as were our previous huskies; but he is who he is. As with most dogs, Dakota is unlikely to starve himself to ill health unless he is emotionally highly stressed.

Since LUNA is still a puppy, I'd make sure she gets plenty of food! My dogs are age1 !42lbs) and 1.6yrs old (67lbs). They are so extremely active, they burn so much fuel, they have to eat about 4-6cups of dry food...plus they get daily treats bcuz they are bigger & a little older than young pups.
Depending on how active LUNA is, it's important to give more bulk food. Plus she is a young, growing puppy, needs lots of protein for growing strong muscles and bones. She grow & get bigger. Just keep tabs on her food. I saw feed her more and also get some yummy treats!![emoji171]

~ANGIE, ARMANI & ALINAH~

Archived