My Boy is going to be kicked out of Daycare

robinthatcher

Hi guys

I cannot get over my boys behavior at the moment. At home he is ok, has to be crated because at 8 months he can be over the top. But this week my girlfriend started fulltime work and as such we decided to put him into daycare.

Now in his first week, he has caused other dogs distress by constantly humping them, he refuses to rest when other dogs do. He is getting time outs, answering back, then mouthing in frustration. They are sticking with him for now, but at home he wouldn't get away with this, he is really testing them to the max. I know he may settle and get used to it. The humping will stop when he is neutered but i refuse to do that before he is 1 year old.

I am seriously at a loss, i am worried they are going to say no. Apparently he is making other dogs uncomfortable, the mouthing when answering back is not on, and refusing to settle unless separated is just strange.

I wondered if anyone has any similar experiences.

well for one the humping will NOT stop after he has been neutered got 2 males and 1 female all had the op and they still hump LOLOL

he is 8 months then yes he will be testing all the waters in every bucket and bowl that he can find and see what the heck he can get away with...  you and your girlfriend might be much stricter at home then they will be at the daycare...

Hi I put Astro into home boarding when I went on holiday for 2 weeks and after one week she rung me to say she couldn't cope and was putting him in a kennel. This was when he was 1 year old. I took him to another day care lady and had no issues at all! He did hump 1 un-spayed female there after he was neutered. 

The First Lady had no experience in huskies but was apparently an ex army dog handler so I thought he would be ok. The second lady had looked after Astros Mum, dad and sister before so she had experience how to handle him. 

He probably will calm down eventually, but I know with Astro he zoomed around for about an hour then was tired! Is she walking him in the day?

Do they at the kennel know that humping can happen when the dog is excited and just playing? I hope they don't see it as an issue , my staffy used to do it when playing too when he'd get over excited I'd make all play stop till he was calmer and then let them carry on , I know that's harder with a room full of dogs to just my 3 but if they can manage him it shouldn't be an issue , he's still a puppy  and a high energy breed at that n being around so many dogs is gonna be like heaven to him , he'll tire out a lot later then other dogs will 

oh and its also that time of year and the girls are coming into season, is a neighbours dog getting him excited. I say this as yesturday I bumped into a 7month lab that is about to have her first season with my husky so he is now a little hyper i just hope he calms down

Archived