Poor Amy

Jo

Just picked Amy up from her spey op, poor thing doesnt know whats going on! She has managed some chicken and rice tho! 👍

IMG_4932.JPG

She'll be fine.

Your problem will be keeping her calm and stopping her from zooming around.

I know! Shes dopey now due to meds but dreading  trying to keep her calm for 7-10 days!!!

the medipet shirt is great, so much better than a cone and you can just undo the poppers at the back to let her toilet - maybe blue not the best colour as she is just coming to the end of a serious coat blow 😳

Get well soon Amy. 

Bear was out of it on the day itself but next day she was a bit of a nightmare trying to bound around like nothing was wrong.  Might not happen to you but be prepared....just incase.   😀

10 minutes ago, Emma said:

Get well soon Amy. 

Bear was out of it on the day itself but next day she was a bit of a nightmare trying to bound around like nothing was wrong.  Might not happen to you but be prepared....just incase.   😀

Yes, I'm fully expecting to be on full time bounce control! I've not got any clients for a few days so she doesnt get excited but walks are going to be a challenge!! 😳

9 minutes ago, Jo said:

Yes, I'm fully expecting to be on full time bounce control! I've not got any clients for a few days so she doesnt get excited but walks are going to be a challenge!! 😳

Lol, yeah I bet!  How long is she housebound for before she can start walking again?  It's been a while since Bear was spayed and tbh I can't really remember.   

She can go for a  walk as soon as she's wants to but short lead, no bounding etc for 7-10 days!!!! Lots of kongs and bones and indoor training I think!! Or drugs!!!! 😂😂

Thank you!

shes very tender as expected, but I've just caught her rolling around on living room floor like nothings wrong eek!!

shes been watching Victoria Stilwell dog trainer on tv, wonder if she'll pick up any tips!! 😀

9 hours ago, Jo said:

shes been watching Victoria Stilwell dog trainer on tv, wonder if she'll pick up any tips!! 😀

Start worring when she watches Hannibal Lectter and you find a bottle ine in the house.....

9 hours ago, Jo said:

Thank you!

shes very tender as expected, but I've just caught her rolling around on living room floor like nothings wrong eek!!

Oh bless her.  Yeah Bear was very similar. She ended up rupturing two external stitches but thankfully the vets didn't need to redo them.  It just took an extra week of healing before having the remaining stitches taken out.  

A dog dog who trains themselves. 🤔 Where do I sign up?! 😂😄

So proud of my Amy, 3 days after her spey op and shes being really good at calm walks - indi head collar has been a god send! 😀

IMG_4948.PNG

Relaxing and getting some air to her wound, had post op check up today, all going well, only has to wear medipetshirt at night now, 5 more days of short lead walks ( proving more difficult as she's feeling better!!) then gradually build up, she'll be back to normal in no time!!! 😀

IMG_4963.JPG

Tell me about it! Today was definatley a turning point, 'I feel fine now so why cant I bounce and run and zoomie???' 😳

Archived