Not so responsible dog owners

shayes

So I was walking the fur ball on Sunday night when some stupid dog owner had tied their dogs to there front porch, (non secure front garden )the dogs went mental as I walked by scaring Phoenix and causing her to spook and yank me sideways. Long story short I am now waiting for surgery as dislocated my wrist along with a fracture, not one apology from the owner just a dirty glare for setting off her dogs [emoji35] a19b2645599ff380ed01823f90e6fd81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell me about them I currently have back pain waitin for an MRI to find out what it is, Taking Tramadol, Naproxen and Neurontin for it last night walking don the road to take husky to the park for an off lead run in the tennis courts, some evil little Pug runs out of an open door onto and accross to my side of the road and goes for my husky.

its yapping snarling running in trying to get a bite of Louie I am in agony as loiuie has yanked on my arm keeping myself standing by leaning on my walking stick whilst pulling a defencive husky in close to me whilst it took a good 2 mins before the pugs owner came out and got hold of the little rat.

they did say sorry but due to a small child being there and me havin a really bad pain spasm bearly able to breath I couldnt tell them the next time it happens the pugs goin to meet the working end of a steel toe capped work boot .... etc

My dog was quiet other than showing his teeth all the noise from the pug  I do not want my big dog getting attacked by little rat dogs as it can make them hate all rat dogs on sight. He curently plays with puppies and i do not want him being turned into a dangerous dog due to idiots who can not look after train thier dogs properly

Today I have had to take 5 Tramadols and I am still in a lot of pain all down to a Rat dog

Tell me about them I currently have back pain waitin for an MRI to find out what it is, Taking Tramadol, Naproxen and Neurontin for it last night walking don the road to take husky to the park for an off lead run in the tennis courts, some evil little Pug runs out of an open door onto and accross to my side of the road and goes for my husky.
its yapping snarling running in trying to get a bite of Louie I am in agony as loiuie has yanked on my arm keeping myself standing by leaning on my walking stick whilst pulling a defencive husky in close to me whilst it took a good 2 mins before the pugs owner came out and got hold of the little rat.
they did say sorry but due to a small child being there and me havin a really bad pain spasm bearly able to breath I couldnt tell them the next time it happens the pugs goin to meet the working end of a steel toe capped work boot .... etc

My dog was quiet other than showing his teeth all the noise from the pug  I do not want my big dog getting attacked by little rat dogs as it can make them hate all rat dogs on sight. He curently plays with puppies and i do not want him being turned into a dangerous dog due to idiots who can not look after train thier dogs properly
Today I have had to take 5 Tramadols and I am still in a lot of pain all down to a Rat dog

Wow you poor thing. Phoenix is such a lover of all dogs, and it sounds similar to our experience. The difference between a good owner and bad one is the good owners know their dogs triggers and reactions, even if Phoenix was a breed that is allowed off of the lead I would still respect those around me. Makes me so mad. I really hope your back gets better soon and it's nothing serious

Perhaps a quick word with police. Had you been a child...... it could have been even worse.
Also.. could you walk your furkid off of a canibelt... it does at least let your legs take the strain .. but with two hands free (after you've healed) you might stand a better chance at control. *only if you see an issue arising first though!)
I know, because if both mine decided w/o warning to lunge .. it's nearly 13st of weight hauling my arms, shoulders ... and most likely my ass too.
Even my hubby has (finally) acknowledged the better 'safety' factor of a canibelt to both my woofs ... each on a stretchy bungee lead.
I hope you heal fast .. and well; having broken mine some 50+ yrs ago (doing horse stuff) my left wrist now clicks and whinges at me now and does not like winter temps!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Perhaps a quick word with police. Had you been a child...... it could have been even worse.

Also.. could you walk your furkid off of a canibelt... it let's your kegs take the strain but with two hands free (after you've healed) you might stand a better chance at conttol. I know because if both mine leapt.. it's nearly 13st of weight hauling my arms shoulders ... ass.

Even my hubby has (finally) acknowledged the better 'safety' factor of a canibelt to both woofs each on a stretchy bungee lead.

I hope you heal fast .. and well; having broken mine some 50+ yrs ago (doing horse stuff) my left wrist now clicks and whinges at me now and does not like winter temps!

I tired the hands free, and we didn't get on with it sadly. I may go and have a word personally with them as they need to be told. Thank you for your kind words. On a plus work have taken pity on me and given me half days until next Friday so I can enjoy the sun. It's difficult to type with one hand [emoji15] thank you for your kind words

The hands free can work .. once your furball knows..and with a Dogmatic headcollar (?he) cannot pull as much either.
Yep mine protest like hell, but once over the first 5 or so minutes they just knuckle down onto walking 'nicely'.
They will try and rub them off if I stop though! Lol
I have worked hard to get them to 'on by'/= leave!, to 'go by' / = pass!/overtake, 'walk on'/ = move on .. along with the musher's terms of 'Gee' = right, 'Haw' = left, so my walking out trips also re-enforce the 'in rig/scooter' mode. They seem to look so good and so well behaved.. (ha!)
And, in Dogmatic's plus harnesses, if I need to haul (my) ass up a steep hill or bank I put the clips from head collars onto harnesses and say 'Hup' and boy can they move ME up that exhausting incline.
I'm down 22lbs @13.13 stone now and reducing, but both knees have had Anterior (and other) Cruciates ruptured or torn so my knees are crap.
At 65 I won't quit and still do as much as possible. .. but hate what a worn out body yells at me (to stop what I enjoy) with fatigue kicking in AND a crappy crumbling neck!
www.successdogs.com is my godsend in their ongoing discipline with the positive reward training.110271820f7adf91d1c6f6f389877c5b.jpgc945392d039648f0100e29549ccc597a.jpgfe51e846ea1abedd2395abcff51b0e75.jpg2b42b59de1f32d4d30e6f8d81fd2c78b.jpg

Ouch! Hope you feel better very soon and your quiet word with the owner doesnt fall on deaf ears [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

The hands free can work .. once your furball knows..and with a Dogmatic headcollar (?he) cannot pull as much either.

Yep mine protest like hell, but once over the first 5 or so minutes they just knuckle down onto walking 'nicely'.

They will try and rub them off if I stop though! Lol

I have worked hard to get them to 'on by'/= leave!, to 'go by' / = pass!/overtake, 'walk on'/ = move on .. along with the musher's terms of 'Gee' = right, 'Haw' = left, so my walking out trips also re-enforce the 'in rig/scooter' mode. They seem to look so good and so well behaved.. (ha!)

And, in Dogmatic's plus harnesses, if I need to haul (my) ass up a steep hill or bank I put the clips from head collars onto harnesses and say 'Hup' and boy can they move ME up that exhausting incline.

I'm down 22lbs @13.13 stone now and reducing, but both knees have had Anterior (and other) Cruciates ruptured or torn so my knees are crap.

At 65 I won't quit and still do as much as possible. .. but hate what a worn out body yells at me (to stop what I enjoy) with fatigue kicking in AND a crappy crumbling neck!

www.successdogs.com is my godsend in their ongoing discipline with the positive reward training.110271820f7adf91d1c6f6f389877c5b.jpgc945392d039648f0100e29549ccc597a.jpgfe51e846ea1abedd2395abcff51b0e75.jpg2b42b59de1f32d4d30e6f8d81fd2c78b.jpg

Omg what an inspiration you are! My gals a rescue and not to sure what's happened in her little journey, she is 7 now and we have had her a year, it's taken lots of time, patience to get her to trust and we are continually working on the craziness for the first part of our walk. I will deffo take your tips on board and think of ways to introduce her to the hands free, could have been too soon for her. Ps what beautiful fur babies you have. Thank you again for the top tips [emoji4]

Ouch! Hope you feel better very soon and your quiet word with the owner doesnt fall on deaf ears [emoji20]

Thank you [emoji4], just glad it was me and wasn't any serious damage done to Phoenix

You are so welcome. And thanks for your kind compliments.
My girl Eski (the lighter more woolly one) was also a rescue/rehome & came rather underweight, matted coat and with some quite serious food/toy guarding, human possessive and aggressive issues!
When she came back to my 2nd husky camp last Oct, she was unrecognisable in her behaviour and actually both were very much better behaved ... as I'd spent time everyday working on them. She is such a flirt...!
Chester (ole Blue Eyes) was a softy but extremely boisterous and at a year I had to curb his outrageous antics.
I think HuskyxMals start to calm around 3.5 to 4 yrs - as I've noticed 'something' along this line, but.. (zoomies are still occurring with monotonous regularity!) but, training on this awesome breed NEEDS to start as soon as you get them whether at nine weeks or older.
They get bored easily, and being extremely inventive, problem solvers (to get something they want) and highly intelligent or, can become destructive, so will do their darndest to escape .. and just run.
They cannot or don't always find their way back and can be shot if they get near farmers' livestock or killed on the railtracks or roads.
I do try to tell mine ' go home' as I turn around on walks to return. . but don't know how much that actually goes into their noggins.
I'm sure you know never ever to let them off lead too.
Mine are 5 (Feb) and nearly 5 (in Sep) with Eski being the older.
I am totally smitten with this breed even though I've had Boxers, bred Westies, rescued a syray Wheadon (abandoned) and grew up with a few hundred rescues when growing up abroad - in Borneo - my mum picked up all strays and rescued many abused ones too.

I just don't understand why someone would do that and leave them unattended. Both ok apart from the obvious broken hand ☹️

Because they don't give a toss sadly n think their precious little s-hits can't do any wrong! My girl is now fear aggressive due to being attacked :(

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Because they don't give a toss sadly n think their precious little s-hits can't do any wrong! My girl is now fear aggressive due to being attacked [emoji20]

See that's what makes me cross. It's hard enough finding good walks for our furry friends with their little quirks let alone having to be in fear of little yappies, your poor girl ☹️. Luckily I took the brunt of it where she span round to bolt I'm not to sure she understands what happened. I carried on with or walk to make sure she knew she hadn't done anything wrong and also not to be scared next time we went out, and to end our walk in a positive (even though my hand was throbbing like a goodin [emoji58])

See that's what makes me cross. It's hard enough finding good walks for our furry friends with their little quirks let alone having to be in fear of little yappies, your poor girl ☹️. Luckily I took the brunt of it where she span round to bolt I'm not to sure she understands what happened. I carried on with or walk to make sure she knew she hadn't done anything wrong and also not to be scared next time we went out, and to end our walk in a positive (even though my hand was throbbing like a goodin [emoji58])

Sadly for skyla it wasn't a little yappy dog it was like a staffy on steroids , she had only just turned a year old so she was still a pup at the time really , it had pinned her to the floor too :(:(

You are so welcome. And thanks for your kind compliments.
My girl Eski (the lighter more woolly one) was also a rescue/rehome & came rather underweight, matted coat and with some quite serious food/toy guarding, human possessive and aggressive issues!
When she came back to my 2nd husky camp last Oct, she was unrecognisable in her behaviour and actually both were very much better behaved ... as I'd spent time everyday working on them. She is such a flirt...!
Chester (ole Blue Eyes) was a softy but extremely boisterous and at a year I had to curb his outrageous antics.
I think HuskyxMals start to calm around 3.5 to 4 yrs - as I've noticed 'something' along this line, but.. (zoomies are still occurring with monotonous regularity!) but, training on this awesome breed NEEDS to start as soon as you get them whether at nine weeks or older.
They get bored easily, and being extremely inventive, problem solvers (to get something they want) and highly intelligent or, can become destructive, so will do their darndest to escape .. and just run.
They cannot or don't always find their way back and can be shot if they get near farmers' livestock or killed on the railtracks or roads.
I do try to tell mine ' go home' as I turn around on walks to return. . but don't know how much that actually goes into their noggins.
I'm sure you know never ever to let them off lead too.
Mine are 5 (Feb) and nearly 5 (in Sep) with Eski being the older.
I am totally smitten with this breed even though I've had Boxers, bred Westies, rescued a syray Wheadon (abandoned) and grew up with a few hundred rescues when growing up abroad - in Borneo - my mum picked up all strays and rescued many abused ones too.

This is my third husky pub , had Kobi who was my first ( that was and experience ) soon Learnt to keep him stimulated, I had a chewed work top and my nobs sucked off the cooker. Sadly we had Kobi put to sleep as he had heart failure he was again a rescue and we had him for 4 years. Then we rescued Murphy who was an alaskinxhusky, big boy but a softy, he ended up being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, skin issues we lost him this year.

Phoenix was rescued as a friend for Murphy and she is a madam also a complete flirt with the chosen few (she is picky )

Despite the heart ache, stressed times with my boys being ill. I have loved and enjoyed everyone and really enjoyed building their confidence. Although both previous Boys had medical conditions I'm glad they came to us, as they had the care they needed and had quality lives and they had been truly loved. although shorter then should have been.

The off lead was the first thing I read about before we embraced the breed, and I have never let mine off which they have been fine with not running free. I get friends say "they will be fine off the lead" but it's really not worth the risk. And I cringe inside when I see huskys off the lead. If they do recall that's great however, that stubborn streak is so strong I know I couldn't do it. We used to go to a husky meet in Southampton with the boys it was an enclosed field and I think our biggest meet was 60 Husky's at once. It was brilliant to watch them all.

Phoenix is by far the most challenging and wow does she have mood swings, think it's a bitch thing.

Sounds like you have done an awesome job and I praise anyone who has the time and patience to bring a dog back to its self when they have had a horrific time. Dogs sadly don't get to choose their families and it makes me sad to think of anyone of them being abused.

This site restores my faith that there are tons of good and true owners out there that do care and do their upmost for their fur babies [emoji4]and people can get advice

Sadly for skyla it wasn't a little yappy dog it was like a staffy on steroids , she had only just turned a year old so she was still a pup at the time really , it had pinned her to the floor too [emoji20][emoji20]

You can understand why they get scared when Stupid dog owners allow their dogs to do that to another dog. Poor girl. Why don't people think drives me nuts

You can understand why they get scared when Stupid dog owners allow their dogs to do that to another dog. Poor girl. Why don't people think drives me nuts

The owners couldn't have cared less that my poor girl was lying on the floor surrounded by her own blood , it disgusts me and they got away with it too :( now it's my girl who suffers because of it , even if a dog barks at her she cries

The owners couldn't have cared less that my poor girl was lying on the floor surrounded by her own blood , it disgusts me and they got away with it too [emoji20] now it's my girl who suffers because of it , even if a dog barks at her she cries

That is so sad and such a bloody shame. At least she has you and is part of a caring family some dogs don't have that and she is lucky as she does, still a shame this happened poor thing ☹️ no words can make this better for you both

That is so sad and such a bloody shame. At least she has you and is part of a caring family some dogs don't have that and she is lucky as she does, still a shame this happened poor thing ☹️ no words can make this better for you both

Luckily despite it , she's a very happy girl n is spoilt rotten :)

It's the little yappy breeds that continuously have a go at my two on a daily basis when we're out walking, even when we pass a parked car and there's a smaller dog in it, you can hear it snarling and growling at my two. 2 weeks ago a chihuahua tried to bite Luka as we passed it, it didn't get to Luka as I'd seen it from a distance and guided Luka away but the owners response was unbelievable. Her dog wasn't even on a lead and my two were. There are a lot of responsible dog owners in my area but I find that they are the owners of larger dogs not the yappy variety.

Ouch! Sorry to hear that :( get better soon! there's 2 houses by me which I try to avoid, one has 2 Australian cattle dogs who just get left outside and always go mad jumping up at the not very high gate when we walk past (and the other week a little girl was there and opened the gate as we walked past and one of them went for Astro - the third time that's happened now), and another who leaves their Yorkshire Terrier in the front garden unattended and Koda goes mental every time trying to get it, really winds me up. Also a man who lets his Spaniel off lead and is never in sight of him, had an incident a few weeks ago where I saw the Spaniel running towards us with no owner, next minute its jumping all over Koda, Koda's going mad running round me in circles trying to get it, Astros trying to get away and I'm getting tangled up in leads, a good couple of minutes later the owner appears in the woods and just stands there shouting the dog who doesn't listen, doesn't come and help me and doesn't apologise! His last dog died when he ran off and broke his neck falling down a ditch. Rarrr! My rant of the day over!

Ouch! Sorry to hear that [emoji20] get better soon! there's 2 houses by me which I try to avoid, one has 2 Australian cattle dogs who just get left outside and always go mad jumping up at the not very high gate when we walk past (and the other week a little girl was there and opened the gate as we walked past and one of them went for Astro - the third time that's happened now), and another who leaves their Yorkshire Terrier in the front garden unattended and Koda goes mental every time trying to get it, really winds me up. Also a man who lets his Spaniel off lead and is never in sight of him, had an incident a few weeks ago where I saw the Spaniel running towards us with no owner, next minute its jumping all over Koda, Koda's going mad running round me in circles trying to get it, Astros trying to get away and I'm getting tangled up in leads, a good couple of minutes later the owner appears in the woods and just stands there shouting the dog who doesn't listen, doesn't come and help me and doesn't apologise! His last dog died when he ran off and broke his neck falling down a ditch. Rarrr! My rant of the day over!

It's good to hear I'm not the only one with the bad experience, however, sad to hear that some dogs have been traumatised due to other dog owners stupidity. I did feel sorry for Phoenix so I got her a little something yesterday ( she has an obsession with tennis balls ) they don't last very long 30 mins tops, so saw this and she was overwhelmed [emoji4]IMG_3315.JPG

It's good to hear I'm not the only one with the bad experience, however, sad to hear that some dogs have been traumatised due to other dog owners stupidity. I did feel sorry for Phoenix so I got her a little something yesterday ( she has an obsession with tennis balls ) they don't last very long 30 mins tops, so saw this and she was overwhelmed [emoji4]IMG_3315.thumb.JPG.59e4e8a7a1a1c4815e00117df58b9d3f.JPG

Wow that is one awesome ball! No wonder she was made up!

Want one of those.... I buy about 9 a week as they both love to peel them, we play throw and fetch first.

I got this from JD sports was only
A couple of quid, it's still intact as she can't pick it up [emoji23]

Archived