Aren't my two lucky.....

chelseafan

or are they? Cai had his appt this morning for his annual booster, took Luka as I wanted to have them both weighed.

Upon arrival they were nearly bitten by a jack Russell, then a staffie was growling and snarling at them, the owner had to take it out. A second jack Russell was barking and growling and finally a huge mastiff tried to run at them... and through all of that Cai didn't react, he was just looking in bemusement I think, Luka growled back at the mastiff, and the point to the story is Cai and Luka get to have 10.15 appts, when the morning surgery is closed!!

I got the feeling the receptionist would have given me her bank card if I'd asked her nicely.

Lol [emoji23] I really felt for her, the noise from the other dogs was unbelievable. I'd really like to know why mine are met with aggression, today was prob the worst I've encountered so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Lol [emoji23] I really felt for her, the noise from the other dogs was unbelievable. I'd really like to know why mine are met with aggression, today was prob the worst I've encountered so far.

There was a thread on here a few days ago saying that coz our huskies stand tall with heads up ( natural stance) other dogs can see it as a threat - and I imagine the other dogs were also highly wired and stressed at being in the vets, but its nice to know you can go after hours when its calm!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

There was a thread on here a few days ago saying that coz our huskies stand tall with heads up ( natural stance) other dogs can see it as a threat - and I imagine the other dogs were also highly wired and stressed at being in the vets, but its nice to know you can go after hours when its calm!

They mostly just want to play with other dogs, so I wonder how other dogs read that wrong.

They mostly just want to play with other dogs, so I wonder how other dogs read that wrong.

In doggy language holding a tail up high and having ears held high and alert can be perceived as aggression , here's a couple of screen shots about ears and tails n this is about labs so sadly what is a natural stance for our dogs is read differently in others

994f7f246523040b31af40bb37e39b16.jpg

9a019d634c33a6c21647bbd9edd83b65.jpg

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

In doggy language holding a tail up high and having ears held high and alert can be perceived as aggression , here's a couple of screen shots about ears and tails n this is about labs so sadly what is a natural stance for our dogs is read differently in others

994f7f246523040b31af40bb37e39b16.jpg

9a019d634c33a6c21647bbd9edd83b65.jpg

I decided after yesterday I wanted to learn more about dog on dog behaviour and I'd like to be able to understand how my two are perceived, if that's the right word, by other dogs, it may come in handy in a situation.
So I've read about a professional Norwegian dog trainer, Turid Rugaas, quite impressed with what I've read so far.
Thanks for that post, I like the tail wagging info, how wrong can we be, always thinking a wagging tail means happy!

This is great info! I think its an art reading our dogs body language and then trying to understand what going on in their heads, mind you, imagine how hard it is for them to work out what we humans are about most of the time!! [emoji23]

I decided after yesterday I wanted to learn more about dog on dog behaviour and I'd like to be able to understand how my two are perceived, if that's the right word, by other dogs, it may come in handy in a situation.

So I've read about a professional Norwegian dog trainer, Turid Rugaas, quite impressed with what I've read so far.

Thanks for that post, I like the tail wagging info, how wrong can we be, always thinking a wagging tail means happy!

It's the same with raised hackles , it doesn't always mean aggression it can be excitement too , humping isn't always dominance either that also can be excitement/Playfulness , I've loved reading up on dogs body language n like to think I can read mine quite well , I have to with skyla because she can be fear aggressive towards some dogs but not all so being able to read her really helps

This is great info! I think its an art reading our dogs body language and then trying to understand what going on in their heads, mind you, imagine how hard it is for them to work out what we humans are about most of the time!! [emoji23]

I think they read us better than we them, Cai seems to know what I want him to do even before I've said anything, uncanny!

Sometimes Amy just looks at me as if I've gone mad...... mmm maybe she is good at reading me [emoji23][emoji23]

It's the same with raised hackles , it doesn't always mean aggression it can be excitement too , humping isn't always dominance either that also can be excitement/Playfulness , I've loved reading up on dogs body language n like to think I can read mine quite well , I have to with skyla because she can be fear aggressive towards some dogs but not all so being able to read her really helps

My two have half an hour to an hour EVERY day after they're evening meal where they are trying to hump each other and I've noticed a difference in some of it, sometimes it can be aggressive and other times just play. It's interesting to learn how they communicate with each other.

Archived