Steep learning curve!

So we're on day 4 of being Husky owners.   I am exhausted!   I took on board everything that was said about them being a breed apart etc etc etc and had an answer for it all.    And yet this morning I was home alone with the three dogs and ended up standing in the garden, in tears, eating my breakfast because I couldn't cope.   So I decided to write down the things I have discovered over the past few days.

I have learned that if everything is quiet and you don't know where your husky is - you should panic.   I have also learned that if you hear a noise you don't recognise and you don't know where your husky is  - you should panic.

I have learned that huskies have long legs and long necks and everything on the worktop in the kitchen is fair game.

I have learned that huskies have very short memories.   He will stick his nose into the Jack Russell's corner and get snapped at.   He walks away, turns round and does it again, and again, and again.   He always seems deeply shocked that the dog under the desk won't be his friend.   

I have learned that huskies have very good memories.   My husband opened the fridge and offered him a cold sausage so he sat nicely and waited for it.   Now, every time the fridge is opened he sits and expects a treat.

I have learned that huskies are not good at hide and seek.   Even though he has a large padded dog bed at the bottom of the bed he sleeps half under our bed with his back legs and tail sticking out.

I have learned that if you have a husky you don't need a prewash cycle on your dish washer.

I have learned that huskies make good alarm clocks.   We are awoken every morning with kisses then a thump as he lands in the middle of the bed for a cuddle - like a toddler he will wake up and lie down for a little while but once he's awake he is awake and someone has to get up.

I have learned that husky cuddles are warm and comforting and in the evenings a husky makes an excellent substitue for a foot stool.

Finally I have learned from my vast experience of 72 hours of husky ownership that they are a whole different creature from a Jack Russell or a labrador and I am so glad my husband decided to take the family on this new adventure.

IMG_20170502_232401.jpg

IMG_20170502_234450.jpg

lol you have learned the lesson

a dog is a dog where as a husky is a husky

I would also recomend reading the jokes page as most of the jokes about dogs are things as a husky owner you will have to get used to

2a8e84437233ea49589af9a3ff677af3.thumb.jpg.f0ac68cdd356dd3327796400e7bb5a05.jpg

03102016_contained.jpg.90b7ae0550a42bbd77e3a6982d54b143.jpg

16708590_1307308935983998_7287101513745366175_n.jpg

post-13086-0-76058200-1432574454.jpg

B2SdVFQCYAEPU4G.jpg

Lol I think it's like having a toddler and teenager rolled into one. Huskies are definitely different from any of the dogs that I have owned. But along with their mischievous, and stubborn side they also have a funny and loving side. It's certainly a learning curve. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

You'll quickly learn you are owned by the Husky. . . 

Not the other way round.

Your garden must be Husky proof your house must be fort knox

What a lovely post, he looks soooooo happy and settled!! It would seem he has you wrapped round his not so little husky paws! - welcome to our world [emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived