Anyone here from Toronto?? Or from Canada??

jnape33

Well I'm from England but hubby has family a few hours away from Toronto. Lol. Utterson, if I remember rightly, closest bigger town name is Huntsville.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

• 2 weeks later...

I am! I eager to meet more Toronto based Husky owners! Trying to find a stud to breed with my pure bred Siberian, Zoë [emoji4]c3818b09329cf762882248b6ae2499ef.jpg

It would be great if you were able to arrange a meet and pack walk together but just a reminder to everyone that it's against the forum rules to post regarding the selling of livestock, requesting stud services, rehoming animals (with a fee), and recouping money for vets bills/go fund me type pages.
Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

As I've learned! Pretty shitty and narrow minded red tape that stifles natural procreation for pure animals who aren't part of unfairly frigid and exclusive kennels, but yes... I've learned!

Sent from my LG-D852 using Husky Owners mobile app

Sorry you feel that way but I have to say that the guidelines were created to protect everyone on the forum. In the past we've had an incident where people were trying to deceive people to make money. Who's to say that people contacting you won't try to do the same? we can't personally vet each and every person, company or charity as logistically that's impossible to do so the rules are there to offer some protection.

Overall though, it's written in our statement, what this forum is about......

"A fun, friendly and informative forum, built by husky owners, for husky owners. Not a company, not a breeding site - purely out there for you to enjoy and meet new husky lovers. Meet ups arranged, holidays taken together, fun free and addictive"

As I've learned! Pretty shitty and narrow minded red tape that stifles natural procreation for pure animals who aren't part of unfairly frigid and exclusive kennels, but yes... I've learned!

I saw your previous thread and wanted to point out that even if u did breed your dog , she's currently too young to do so regardless of anything we put up , the rules are in place for a reason we've seen sadly loads of dogs being bred and then the after math of the pups being put into shelters , pts or worse the young mothers killing their pups , we have had these rules implemented since day one , we're a long standing forum we're not against responsible breeding however we've had people who have had a negative impact on the forum force our hand , the best way to find someone to breed your dog is first get your dog assessed by a breed expert who knows the standards , get your dog hip and eye scored once she's fully matured and then look on your local kennel club register to find a dog who compliments your own , we've always been a husky forum for husky owners and lovers of the breed , we've never been a breeding forum and you won't find a stud here

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

As stated, she's been vetgen screened for purity and disease/breed oriented issues - - and it's fine to breed an animal after their second heat - she's physically matured and approaching her third.

And I don't think I'll overtly find a stud - I think I'll stay in the community and find someone who's the other side of the coin in this situation, and hopefully I'll meet and get along in real life with them

Does that include eye scoring and hip/elbow scoring? I've never even thought about breeding my dogs so wouldn't know about vetgen screening? Bitches should not be bred till at least 2 years old and 4 seasons she's still classed as a puppy herself

I think the condescending attitude is unnecessary.  While we welcome new members and want engaging and productive dialogue, our forum policy clearly states our policy:  http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/guidelines/

Breeding is a hot button topic anywhere, and also in this forum, so any further violations of our forum policy will be dealt with, up to and including warnings, topics being locked and banning from the site.  Please be civil, as we are all here for the love of the breed and our dogs. 

Specifically, the following:

1.04 - Swearing/profanity is NOT allowed in any area of the forum.

1.05 - The founders of this site set it up to gain friends of the same interest around the world. Bitchiness between members will not be tolerated.

6.01 -The advertising of any animals for sale, whether directly or indirectly is strictly prohibited. This includes donations, recouping of costs etc toward the obtaining of an animal in any way shape or form

Your questions would be better fueled toward your own further (seemingly needed) research rather than challenging my points while doubly admitting to me your amateurism; it's counter intuitive and you'll be better served enlightening yourself.

She's 1.5 years approaching a third heat.

How old do you think she'd be by the time I meet, vet, and coordinate such an arrangement for artificial insemination? Would you say she'd be at least 2 by then?

Because you're attaching an immediacy to me, when I'm in fact being preemptive and pragmatic.

And yes - Zoë has been vetgen DNA cleared for all red flagged, relevant and consistent ailments as well as purity.

Hardly amateurism when I have no desire to breed dogs there for I have no need to know about it , besides which I'm in a completely different country to you which will no doubtlessly use different terminology for certain things in life , I research what I need for me and my dogs to make their life better but I've been around dogs and on forums etc long enough to know when is the correct time to breed and when isn't and what is best in terms of getting the best out of pups in regards to genetic defects you have not once said you were looking for a stud for the future , so I can only Base my replies on your posts
So thank you for seemingly attaching an unenlightened amateurism to myself when I am far from it

My amateurism remark was directed to the person who stated "I've never even thought of breeding and don't know about vetgen tests" - that must not have been you!

Yes you did swear on your second post. And a majority of us here are in the rescue camp rather than breeding so I don't think you will get very far here arguing.

My amateurism remark was directed to the person who stated "I've never even thought of breeding and don't know about vetgen tests" - that must not have been you!

Considering vetgen is not a term I've ever heard used in the UK tell me how I'm supposed to 'enlighten' myself , if u don't ask how else do u learn? So I'm hardly an amateur if a term is not used in my country , of corse I've never thought of breeding too many idiots out there back yard breeding for money n too many huskies/dogs in rescue as it is without adding to the population , especially when I have no desire to put my dogs through it

Oh and I can post on whatever threads I like Wether I'm in the location or not ;)

Not offended at the notion of enlightenment , I am offended at being called amateurish however for simply asking a question in regards to a term I've not even seen used before , I research what I need to know as I've stated multiple times , my self confidence is fine thanks for your concern but it is not required

I only jumped in here because of the condescending and snarky tone of your reply. So it's not just her taking it like that and being offended. If that's not your intent then I'll leave it at that and we can move on here.

Sorry I've been picking up my son from work (mum taxi lol) and missed most of this.
I can see from reading through that we've all had ample opportunity to get our points across and adding anything further is merely going to just fuel the fire and not add anything of value to the thread itself.
I don't really want to have to lock the thread if I don't have to as it's not really fair to the OP who's trying to find some friends in his area. So instead I'm going to simply request that all further replies after this message are in response to the OP's request to find some fellow local husky owners. Let's get back to the topic in hand. [emoji3]

This is for you Jnape33. I'm so sorry that this happened on your thread, I hope that you manage to find some further husky friends in your area. [emoji846]

Archived