Howling and crying when we go to work

Avy

Hello all! 

Looking for advice/help. 

Out husky is 3 years(as of January) old but we only got on the 4th March. She's been in the family since birth but due to family troubles we've ended up taking her. 

Up until us she lives with two other huskies (mum and dad). When we first got her she distoryed al it if things and we put it down to missing them. However since then we've looked after her daughter for two weeks and she did the same so now we know it's us she's missing.  She's very loving and follows me round everywhere, she's definitely a mummy's girl! 

Shes crated in the day and she's stopped moving the crate across the room, although does try and get out. She doesn't shred anything any more either (i.e mats and bedding) however she does scratch the door massively and it's a big problem due to us being in a rented house... we touch a massive  gambled having her and I promise don't the landlord she was excellent behaviour. 

We are seeing progress but I just wondered if anyone had any more tips or advice. She doesn't bother with toys and we have a kong. 

Thank you. 

Welcome.

Try leaving an old T-shirt you have worn (with your smell on it) in the crate

Also you can get an ADAPTIL collar that helps calm them down by releasing pheremones.

Leaving the TV or radio on sometimes helps.

post-1354-0-32160300-1405679619_thumb.jpg

that is what we do TV on...and we have taught them a command to know that we are going out either 5 mins of 4 hrs... 

58d969146020b_HOWelcome.jpg.6f28364f7ecc21b45bf224cce2865b10.jpg   TO  58d96913dcf85_HOBanner.thumb.png.43c5c7bf9827998dea287b2f495f9d83.png

Try taking it back to basics and leave her in the crate and go out for a couple of minutes then gradually build the time up. What I sometimes do is get some mashed carrot and put it in the Kong with some treats and freeze it overnight. It keeps them occupied for a while! Astro suffered from separation anxiety too and he's 4 now, he's been ok for about a year or so :) have you tried getting a crate cover as that can calm dogs down?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Thank you all for your help. 

Rachael_Astro, she would drag a cover inside her crate and shred it.

think we will just have to go back to basics :) 

Thank you all for your help. 
Rachael_Astro, she would drag a cover inside her crate and shred it.

think we will just have to go back to basics [emoji4] 

Mine did that with blankets but you can get special fitted covers that zip round [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived