2 Month old puppy- first time husky owner

lbgreenfield

Hey there, 

I got a 8 week old albino husky girl last week and she just turned two months today. This is my first time owning a husky so I just have some questions: Her nails are extremely sharp I was wondering at what age would it be appropriate to have them cut? She's teething very badly right now I have toys for her and chewy bars but she continued to chew on me and my clothing no matter what. Does anyone know how to try and sway her towards her toys? 

if anyone has any other tips everything/anything would be appreciated 

Hi once she's old enough for walks her nails will wear down naturally. I've never cut either of mines nails, just their dew claws

Give lots and lots of praise when she plays with her toys, whenever she is good you need to go over the top with it. And when she's biting you, completely ignore her. Turn your back, fold your arms and walk away. She will learn that doing certain things she gets praise for and when she's being naughty she gets ignored which is no fun! It does take time though, months rather than weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Welcome to the pack
Like mentioned once she's old enough for walks you'll find u won't need to clip her claws , either a yelp like her siblings would do when they bite too hard or ignore her by turning your back and crossing your arms

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Remember though she is still a baby n it will take time for her to learn and realise what's right and wrong

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived