Neuter/Spade recovery time before Husky Camp

Guinnessman

I should have got Lucy done already, she had her season mid Jan and our vet advised on waiting 12 weeks before getting her in.

Now my earliest opportunity is 20th April. The thing is, that is only three weeks before Husky Camp. Whilst I am sure the external wound will have healed, do you think she would be fine for camp? Lots of long walks etc and I don't want to risk her health.

Would it just be far more sensible to put it off until afterwards?

1 hour ago, robke said:

keyhole or normal surgery?

keyhole I think you should be alright... normal I  would do it after camp just to be sure...

I don't think our vets do keyhole surgery, but your advice seems sound. Both are in the vets tonight so will ask the question. In theory she is not 'due' until July so will have time after. She was supposed to be done around October last year but someone decided their should be a Autumn Husky Camp, so what choice did I have?

I have a great vet. He said, all things being equal, Lucy should be fully recovered for camp. However, he added, that just in case of any complications or infection, he'd rather leave it until after camp, it sounds way too much fun to risk her enjoyment of it. Logan also gets to wait until after camp to get his lumps removed, one from armpit and one from hind knee. Both haven't changed in months, but both are being removed because of where they are, if they grow, they'll be a problem. Biopsy was inconclusive. I have to go back to see him after camp with photos.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

Oh no poor Logan! Hope it's nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Probably nothing, thumbnail sized pliable lumps just under skin. He has had others, where results came back clean and they went away on their own. But because of how long they been and where they are he is having them off just to be sure. As me and the vet said if it was us, we'd get it done.

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived