Walking. NEED HELP!!

kiarahart

Hi everyone!

I'm having a little bit of difficulty training my husky to walk nicely when we're out. She's always pulling at me and jumping around trying to get away from me.

Does anyone have any tips or advice on how to get her to calm down?

She's 8 months old and we're getting her dressed next week, will that help calm her down a bit just in general?

Thanks,

Chloe + Kiara xx

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

I'm assuming that by "getting her dressed" you mean she is being Spayed ??

If so then yes this may calm her down a bit however it doesn't happen in a few cases.

As for getting her to walk nicely then training, training, training.

There are many devices and headcollars that can help with "pully" dogs but they are training tools and not a solution,

eventually YOU and the dog will have to put in many hours of patient Stop and Go training  to achieve a dog that walks nicely.

(have a look on You tube for videos on how to get your dog to walk nicely)

However it is never foolproof the sight of another dog, a leaf blowing in the wind a cat. . . etc etc etc

and they will be hauling and pulling.

good luck :)

I used a walkyourdogwithlove non pull harness to train my boy , I used to end up in pain when I was walking him he pulled that much , but training with that harness helped so much! He now wears a normal walking harness n we can walk for ages now :) getting my 2 fixed didn't help here

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Bindi being spayed did not help her one bit  but then she is a stubborn husky type....  my wife uses a front leading harness on our 2 and she can walk them then with ease...I use them when I want an easy walk...

Spaying and neutering had no effect on behaviour for either of mine if I'm honest.
I also used a walk your dog with love harness to help with pulling and they do know the "slowly" command. Well Ice does, Bear knows it as "easy" because My hubby has Bear and I have Ice and we said different commands. [emoji85][emoji23]
They're not too bad on an average walk but if it's somewhere new/they saw something exciting then they tend to start pulling again and if they get too crazy over something, then I have to get them to sit down and wait for a while before continuing on the journey. Otherwise they'll just get more and more wound up.

I got an indi dog headcollar, the lead attaches behind the ears rather than under the chin which is kinder to their neck, she walks like a dream with it on and being a member here you get 10% discount win win [emoji3]

Archived