Indi dog discount?

chelseafan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was Husky10 too but on the notes section on my phone I've saved INDI-HUSKY. Not sure if that's a one off code or quite what it is meant for. Apparently I wasn't smart enough to think to write an explanation with it. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Indi-husky Post came today with my headcollar and police lead - yea! Used the lead tonight but I want to get her used to headcollar slowly, not just rush her into it, she had it on for a min earlier and was ok, will try it again later and maybe a walk round the house, then onto outside, I dont want her hating it as I'm hoping to just use it when my arms need a rest ha ha [emoji3]

Just thinking ahead now, as I've purchased a walking belt has anyone found the need to put head harnesses on as well, but on a lead and holding it separately when using the walking belt.

I've got a walking belt and I'm ordering head collars too [emoji4] they have more free rain on the walking belt and Koda is a bit all over the place at the moment so getting a head collar to teach him walking manners!

Prob will pull less as they get abit older, I'll try with and without, I have Visions of them running and I'm like a balloon in the air trailing behind.

You'd think that but nope , training is key , I put up with it with blaze as he was only a pup then he got older n it hurt to walk him , I got the walkyourdogwithlove non pull harness when he was about 3 (he's now 8) n trained him with it now I can walk him for much longer n actually enjoy our walks instead of ending up in pain because of his pulling

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

I had really sore elbows and wrists because of the pulling, was taking the joy out of the walk, and then head harnesses, love them! I've tried a couple of non pull harnesses but didn't have much joy, I even invested in a metal shock absorber to put on the lead, damaged one of my nails badly when it got caught in it.

I have a front leader harness but she wiggled out of it!!!!! I'm going to try the headcollar tonight, hoping shes still tired from 2 hour walk this morning watching the Lincoln 10k race! She'd never seen so many people!!
We are trying really hard with the lead training and shes lots better, but hoping the headcollar will just give my arms ( and elbows, wrists, knees) a rest!! I hit the deck the other day on long line when she saw a pidgeon, OH was very amused ( after he checked I was ok) it was def one for 'you've been framed'!![emoji23]

Do you have a Dogmatic. . They'll paw and rub and whinge however it IS perfect provided measured & fitted correctly PLUS an extra neckline from it is attached to an extra collar on furkid. I also use the spare clip from harness to collar with the neckline from spare collar to lead.
This is useful if on harness mode for 'pulling' my butt up steep banks or hills...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

I got the indi dog headcollar, with stitched in safety strap and I have another saftey strap from harness to collar, so I can change from headcollar to harness to give her more freedom, its a faff but sooo worth it! She has pawed it off a couple of times when she shes another dog and gets excited but on the whole its brilliant! [emoji3]

Yep.. for me too - with 13 stone combined pulling, it's just not worth it!
Check it's tight enough behind ears; provided two flat fingers can get under and you can't tug it over ears forwards, this should hold. New head collars slip a bit until bedded in.. xx 🤗

www.successdogs.com - great training tips to let you walk your pet in harmony.. plus tricks & lots of tips!
Carrying a toy (prefererably squeaky) - to distract THEM and let them have a chew/chomp or a three second pull) but then focus back on the 'walk nice' / 'walk on', followed by 'Good boy/girl!' when they do so ... & when THEY are distracted, or, pulling because of they are totally 'out of the zone' behaviour, is one MO in getting them focussed back on you.
However, working separately on each furkid is the important part to start with.
And yes, a reward treat helps, so waist bag filled with treats on your person too.. 🤗

I'm sure indi-dog ones are brilliant and also let them pant freely , her stuff is awesome
But with anything like this it is a tool n should be used to train the dog not just used to make life easier , I used a non pull harness because headcollars didn't work for blaze , we haven't used any non pull device in years now as he no longer needs it , he walks lovely

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived