Indi dog discount?

chelseafan

I'm sure indi-dog ones are brilliant and also let them pant freely , her stuff is awesome
But with anything like this it is a tool n should be used to train the dog not just used to make life easier , I used a non pull harness because headcollars didn't work for blaze , we haven't used any non pull device in years now as he no longer needs it , he walks lovely

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

This is great info.. I'm using it also to train shiloh he just turned 7 months. He is doing really well at stopping at all cross walks, sits and waits for me to see go. Our first 10 minutes of the walk he pulls do to shear excitement and I totally understand. My gf is 5' 100 pounds and this is tuff for her. We walk 4-5 miles each night and he is coming along very well. Can't wait till he's turns 18 months then we will work on a scooter.. ;)

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is great info.. I'm using it also to train shiloh he just turned 7 months. He is doing really well at stopping at all cross walks, sits and waits for me to see go. Our first 10 minutes of the walk he pulls do to shear excitement and I totally understand. My gf is 5' 100 pounds and this is tuff for her. We walk 4-5 miles each night and he is coming along very well. Can't wait till he's turns 18 months then we will work on a scooter.. [emoji6]

That's awesome :) I was a late trainer with blaze , I thought because he's a pup n I could hold him it was fine , then he got bigger and stronger , I put up with it till he was about 3 n then I started actually training him as I was hurting from just 20 minutes of walking I actually used to hate taking him out now we walk for ages n I actually let him choose the route sometimes as it doesn't hurt to walk him anymore :) life is so much easier and happier when u actually put in the work and train them , not just for us but for them too , it can't be nice to have it wrapped round their face every walk when it's so easy to train them n then wean them off it so it's no longer needed :)

This is great info.. I'm using it also to train shiloh he just turned 7 months. He is doing really well at stopping at all cross walks, sits and waits for me to see go. Our first 10 minutes of the walk he pulls do to shear excitement and I totally understand. My gf is 5' 100 pounds and this is tuff for her. We walk 4-5 miles each night and he is coming along very well. Can't wait till he's turns 18 months then we will work on a scooter.. [emoji6]

I started training for rig/scooter over a year before I got them - (saving on a pension).

I taught them the Gee & Haw spins in the kitchen. .(using a treat in front of nose and making them follow it on 'Gee/Haw' turns .. and they practice every day - for a treat! often pre-empting me B4 I even GET a treat!!

(off the www.successdogs.com site) Now a word does it or I turn head/shoulder.. then.. later, walking out and practising in full harness on junctions, crossings, curbs, ('str8 on', 'on by/leave' 'go by/pass' easy up/ slow', 'wait' or 'whoa!' - - off a canibelt - (again saving up for all the tack took a while) with a two dog gangline, med large bungee, carabiners, necklines+++ ( extra security clips to spare collar and to lines).

When the rig finally arrived and I had done some very steady walks/trots in this round my estate... their first run round a clockwise track with two str8/and left turns.. was great.

● Your pre-training on foot WILL set you up in good stead and safety B4 they go in a rig or Scooter!

Recognise your lead dog (if you've more than one - the one that's fastest to learn and listen. . their ears are usually more pinned back listening for you (read their body language!)

Your calls are then to them preceeded by 'name'...Gee! Gee! Gee!' preferably a good 15-20 feet or as soon as the turn is in sight. .. too late and a crash is imminent!

Mine cruise at 16-18mph but take off hits 30mph then slows within a qtr mile..! Adrenaline junky... lol

I did start with slower runs just to let myself and the woofs gauge / judge reaction /response time... this has helped big time.

Helmet, a must; *knee/elbow pads (jeans or leg/arm denim is advisable! - (*optional) but gloves yes.. I have a fab pair faux suede Dixons waterproof work gloves - great in winter for washing rig and bike down - no freezing fingers!

If you go at night then a head torch or fixed on rig.. and a procam.. my BUYEE off Amazon was gr8 value - altho the clip clasp on the case broke 2 - a rubber band is fine - I'm not diving anywhere deep with it (or intending to lol) procam on helmet rattles too much but a chest harness works good. .

Getting it angled right takes a few goes on the head.. you'll get road ahead with just ears or full on furkid bum and heels!

Face bike scarf useful too for when they kick up the mud. .. pmsl.. Aldi have some in nr me now...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

That's awesome [emoji4] I was a late trainer with blaze , I thought because he's a pup n I could hold him it was fine , then he got bigger and stronger , I put up with it till he was about 3 n then I started actually training him as I was hurting from just 20 minutes of walking I actually used to hate taking him out now we walk for ages n I actually let him choose the route sometimes as it doesn't hurt to walk him anymore [emoji4] life is so much easier and happier when u actually put in the work and train them , not just for us but for them too , it can't be nice to have it wrapped round their face every walk when it's so easy to train them n then wean them off it so it's no longer needed [emoji4]

My dogmatics are often on but not in use if they're in 'harness - 'pull only' mode.

If I start on Scooter I will have these on but only via a separate line from dogmatic TO my wrist to get fast control should they go deaf on me.

Stepping off a moving scooter and trying to only hold them via harness connected to scooter is foolhardy (with 13+st of huskyxmals) so at least I'll have direct head control IF required, on my arm.

They haven't yet run off a Scooter so I may just have someone with me first time to have head contact on a lunging line, if needed.. once we're clear on instructions (ie THEY are!).. I can do this solo.

Chester is really fast to respond on 'Whoa!' so Eski gets hauled back on the neckline which then gives me time to use my weight (now down to 14st) but my two HuskyxMals at 13+ stone can haul five of me with no problem if they choose to... so I'm always aware of what they could do if they took off unbidden... yikes

The arm line *or one wrapped in a horizontal/diagonal chest loop is also know as a suicide line - but at least you do not lose connection to your lead dog/s - mushers on Arctic runs have this - if they became separated from their sleds. .... and it does happen - 16 dogs going one way last minute with musher on the sled another way. ..when turns come up too fast (or the turn call is too late..)

Just thinking ahead now, as I've purchased a walking belt has anyone found the need to put head harnesses on as well, but on a lead and holding it separately when using the walking belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

You can if you feel unsure on their response time.. but if you can grab hold of the line and pull back to gain closer head control.. why not?

A separate lead line may just ease your anxiety in early days to have that head control if needed.. try it...

can we go back to the original topic  10 % Indi-Dog discount for members...advertising being done for companies that do not give us discount and other comments that do not have anything to do with this topic...

That's different if your on a scooter as obviously they need to pull then , but they should still know the difference between working and walking and non pull tools shouldn't be needed for walking once trained , I'm not on about working them anyway I'm on about walks where u should be able to walk your dogs without the constant need for a tool as they are just that a training tool to help . Not just a quick fix

• 1 month later...

I'm still waiting on my indi-dog orders. I ordered the head collar and walking belt side attachments and zorb maxway. It's been almost a month. I know it takes time to come to the States:) can't wait to get Shiloh set up and post pictures.

I'm still waiting on my indi-dog orders. I ordered the head collar and walking belt side attachments and zorb maxway. It's been almost a month. I know it takes time to come to the States:) can't wait to get Shiloh set up and post pictures.

Sid is very busy, she makes everything herself and she has a lot of orders! In January it took about 6 weeks for my walking belt to arrive and I'm in the UK. It's definitely worth the wait!

Sid is very busy, she makes everything herself and she has a lot of orders! In January it took about 6 weeks for my walking belt to arrive and I'm in the UK. It's definitely worth the wait!

Thank you for letting me know. I do agree well worth the wait..

Archived