A Nervous and Fear-Aggressive Husky

That makes a lot of sense, I commit the sin of leaving food out all the time -.-' I know I should put her on a schedule, and I plan to when we move out. But she is never 'hungry' so I guess that's why, she eats as she pleases. I mostly do that because she is a very thin dog, she just doesn't seem to have a large appetite, a bowl of food could last her about two whole days if not more.

But the muzzle came in today and I would say it was quite the success for the first day! I worked on the command "muzzle" of her voluntarily putting her snout in it and she didn't whine or freak out when I strapped it on her. Although she did keep trying to pull it off her face as long as she wasn't distracted. Like I had to have cheese up in her face at every moment, otherwise she'd go back to trying to get it off. I'm hoping if I do this daily she'll eventually get used to the way it feels? I didn't want her to associate it badly, so I only left it on her for like 5-10 minutes. Should I leave it on longer? Or wait until she gets more used to it before I adjust the amount of time she wears it?

You'll have to go slow, I'd say go a few minutes or how long she doesn't fight it or scratch at it and treat or praise. Or make her sit or something so she can't paw at it... You can make the time longer each day by a few minutes, but don't jump too big or else she might not like it ;) they do get used to it with lots of training :)

• Like 1