naming your puppy.

sanosukex

Hey everyone. I have been thinking of names for our pup and I am blocked. I won't decide on a name till she is home of course but I need to make my list now!

Where did you guys get your names?

I am thinking of something Hawaiian based because I am getting here on the island.

Moe'uhane means dream in Hawaiian. I would call her Moe for short. My 2 yo keeps telling she wants a puppy called kitty... poor thing seem confused. LOL.

My first husky, Ronja got her name by one of my friends who has past away very young age.

And Ruska as word is meaning "Autumn colors", so it´s not hard to figure out were she got her name! :)

If I´ll someday own male siberian, it would be Sonic, Mitro, Ailak, Havu or Leimu (= in english flame or blaze). :D Many options!

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/names/eskimonames.htm

this is where i went to look for names, i wanted something that represented his heritage and his personality while still sounding fun.

my three choices were:

Pakak one who gets into everything

Pamiiruq wags his tail

Desna boss

all three were fitting, the middle one i had no idea how to say... and mom said the first one sounded like some kind of old time medicine... so Desna won out... i guess because it ends with an A people always think he's a she now...

Ross

We named Gizmo when we first saw him at 2 weeks old. Big fan of the gremlins films and when we first saw our little furbaby he was making little whimpers which sounded so much like the song Gizmo from the Gremlins made that was how Gizmo got his name. And the fact that huskies behave like a gremlin at times :D

Marley is named after one of our favourite reggae artists Bob Marley and he has grown up to match the reggae attitude, very chilled out :D

we named Bandit after my first big bike (Suzuki Bandit) and his breeder said he was the most bossy so we thought he fitted the name Bandit more than Marley :) How right we where, he aint the most bossy now but he still lives up to his name :D

Guest snowdog

my three babies, Neeko the girl (her name means guardian of children which i thought appropriate as i have 3)

Neo me big boy ( hes name means new, but also matrix fan hehe)

and Shadow me baby boy, as hes mainly black, and hes grandfather was called shadow also.biggrin.gif

Diesel came to us as a rehome already named & at 6 yrs old, we didn't want to change it ... with him being a red, we thought red Diesel was apt! Even thought of changing Myshka to Petrol to have a matching pair! :lol:

we didn't have a name for Myshka for over a week when we brought her home, we were out in a pet shop harness-hunting for her when a white Pomeranian was being told off & it's name was Myshka - we fell in love with the name!

don't rush with the name have her for a few days watch her, play with her find her persenality a name will jump out at you xxxx

I agree. The pup's personality will definitely help a name to pop out at you. Doesn't hurt to have a few thought up though. It was between Shadow and Pongo for us and Pongo was too goofy and fun-loving to be a shadow lol

I found Nukka while searching a website of Inuiet names, it means little sister and she was the 3rd one born so she has 2 older brothers... Also if/when I got another one I want a slightly older boy so that will fit in nicely. Theres a thread around the site somewhere with whole lists of names to look through but if you have a general idea of what theme you want you can find allsorts on the internet! Very handy!

When I get my boy I'm hoping to call him either Ruben or Noah but as I'm gunna look at a rescue I'll see what I find, if I like the name he has and if I can think of something that sounds similar so as not to confuse him too much!

:D

We have (and not gonna explain em all lol!)

Ali, DD (short for the 'individual' part of his kc name: Dancing Demon), Amber, Mishka, Nuka, Nova, Echo, Hush, Maurice, Spyrit, Rain, Dixie, Turbo, Jude..... And our newest member of the team is called Xanadu (Xan for short)

Must confess I like nice short 'call' names for the trail and also like something slightly removed from the 'ordinary' Sibe name choices.