The Country Bumpkin

Mazz

A young country bumpkin in his late teens, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer, decided to hire himself out as a "handy man" and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood.

He went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for him to do.

"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint the porch" he said. "How much will you charge me?"

Delighted, the country bumpkin quickly responded, "How about $50?"

The man agreed and told him that the paint, brushes and everything hewould need were in the garage.

The man's wife hearing the conversation, said to her husband, "Does he not realise that our porch goes all the way round the house?"

"That's a bit cynical, isn't it?" he responded.

The wife replied, "You're right.? I guess I'm starting to believe what others say about country folks."

A few hours later the the country bumpkin came to the door to collect his money.

"You're finished already??" the startled husband asked.

"Yes" the country bumpkin replied, and I even had paint left over so I gave it

two coats."

Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50 and handed it

to him along with a $10 tip.

"Thank you" the country bumpkin said, "and by the way, it's not a Porch, it's

an Audi".