Artist Needle Felted Dog Sculpture - Dog Portrait - Sculpture Of Your Pet

Atra

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, these are the same ones that were posted by Julia on the other husky forum.

Glad you made your way over to this forum, Julia!

Hopefully you're still willing to help me contact the Chukchi using the Russian language, since I can't speak it, and I think google translator doesn't translate well enough.

Edited by robke
did take out the name of the other forum, is not allowed see the rules..

Yup, these are the same ones that were posted by Julia on the other husky forum.

Glad you made your way over to this forum, Julia!

Hopefully you're still willing to help me contact the Chukchi using the Russian language, since I can't speak it, and I think google translator doesn't translate well enough.

Yes, I posted there. But on this website more of my new sculptures are represented   :)

Write me a privat message with the text you want to translate. I'll do it  :)

Why can't we post other forums that also exist to support and promote this special breed? If that's the case, I no longer wish to support this forum. So sad. What's the reason?

Because competition.

Actually, you can point to other fora if it helps answering someone else's question. Just not if it's just for advertisement. We've put a lot of work in getting our member base as big as it is right now, you now? Would be great to keep it that way too  :)

Why can't we post other forums that also exist to support and promote this special breed? If that's the case, I no longer wish to support this forum. So sad. What's the reason?

Because competition.

Actually, you can point to other fora if it helps answering someone else's question. Just not if it's just for advertisement. We've put a lot of work in getting our member base as big as it is right now, you now? Would be great to keep it that way too  :)

I wasn't advertising anything. And based on the member size of "the other forum" I don't think you have much to fear. Shouldn't they be the ones afraid of their competition (mainly you/this site)? Guess what!?!...they aren't, but you are afraid of them stealing your members? How backwards.

I didn't realize people were trying to form monopolies in the dog forum world. What a shame. It seems as if a shared love for Siberian Huskies has been replaced by greed and thirst for money and/or status quo (bigger membership size).

I wasn't advertising anything. And based on the member size of "the other forum" I don't think you have much to fear. Shouldn't they be the ones afraid of their competition (mainly you/this site)? Guess what!?!...they aren't, but you are afraid of them stealing your members? How backwards.

I didn't realize people were trying to form monopolies in the dog forum world. What a shame. It seems as if a shared love for Siberian Huskies has been replaced by greed and thirst for money and/or status quo (bigger membership size).

Woah let me correct you right there.

Yes we would like to be (and are) the largest of husky forums on the internet. We got that way by the way in which we run the forum including the rules we have in place which has evolved over many years.

Monopolise - No, we do not try to monopolise anything. However yes we do compete with other siberian husky forums as well they compete with us. And quite right they should too, its our hobbies (Im now talking about the people who own them) and we enjoy it. Nothing against them, in fact its actually nice to have that competition.

Greed - Why is it greed to want to hold on to your members and not have competing sites advertised on your own site? I was going to use an example like mcdonalds, however that indeed is greed, so instead I would invite you to go onto sibe husky rescue sites and take a look and where they are advertising other rescues.... they arent.... Maybe go onto one who is promoting cancer research, or quit smoking sites etc etc .... Add a long long list and you will find this is far far far from unsual.

And finally the reason that I replied in the first place.

MONEY!!!! - If you actually read the website for long enough instead of critisising you would realise that the site actually LOSES money and is subsised by people like me for people like you to use for free. That is just downright insulting!

Will split this post later to remove all the goings on. As you said its not fair for this stuff to be in someone elses post.

Also having read the conversations regarding it elsewhere I don't want the same going on here as I very much don't believe in that. If there are to be posts elsewhere which openly slate this forum (some of which is inflammatory and incorrect I might add) then so be it but I do not want the same kind of posts on here. I know how much hard work is put into running forums and will not getting into slating others.

I hope you have got my PM Atra.  :up:  little Noah and Bella beautiful Felt faces on my Fridge with Howler and Lucky to follow in 6 months.     Can't wait..    :D

I'm sorry, but I have not received your PM. :(  

Could you re-send it please? I'll be waiting

All it said was this:  what is the best photos for you to have, Straight on head shots or do you need side shots of the woofs heads. :D

Prob just forgot to press the send. Got a bit hectic last night, what with roast dinner cooking, dishing up, cleaning and avoiding treading on furry bodies... :P

All it said was this:  what is the best photos for you to have, Straight on head shots or do you need side shots of the woofs heads. :D

Prob just forgot to press the send. Got a bit hectic last night, what with roast dinner cooking, dishing up, cleaning and avoiding treading on furry bodies... :P

Private message has been sent. I wrote all the details of the order  :D

These would make wonderful mementos for people who's dogs have passed over the rainbow bridge. I wonder if a small piece of the dogs hair could be sewn in.

hmmm, or is that a bit creepy???

Good idea! But dogs hair is not suitable for dry felting.This little unique sculpture is made out of natural 100% sheep wool using the technique of needle felting.

Good idea! But dogs hair is not suitable for dry felting.This little unique sculpture is made out of natural 100% sheep wool using the technique of needle felting.

Thanks Julia, I suppose someone could make up a base and mount a bit of hair in some creative way.